Marrying indonesian woman birth and visa question

a few months ago i married an indonesian lady in indonesia but it was religious marriage only because my divorce paper from my first wife was still in process so i was not able to register. we left indonesia to a third country where i work and she is now expecting a bab. my divorce papers not ready yet . is it okay if she give birth before the papers are out and that  we can marry register here locally then with indonesia embass after she has the bab or will that complicate the situation. is it critical to marry before birth or not.  does it make any difference or its same result and the baby will have his indonesian passport and everything like m visas etc later when we go back to indonesia. look forwrd to some answer. b the way am an american citizen. thx

One thing to consider in Indonesia, if a woman has a baby and unmarried the father can NOT be entered on the birth certificate
It varies from country to country but to have the fathers name entered even after marriage in Indonesia your looking at upwards of 15million/ US$1,000 as you need lawyers and a district court
After this it is typed on the reverse of the birth certificate and stamped by the courts
You will need this for dual passport (depending on your nationality)
For example the UK is extremely strict now even with fathers details on the front of the birth certificate and marriage took place before birth of child usually they ask for DNA to back up, this varies from place to place of child's birth
Depending on what country mum gives birth you can sort all passports in that country that way
As for paperwork and a baby coming, Mother Nature waits for no one, paperwork or no paperwork baby will come
Find out if you can be put on birth certificate in country you are, will make life so much easier

In this country where we are the new child birth certificate will show both parents name...you said that might make things easier later. How is that. Can u explain? Thx for yr reply

hawa73 wrote:

In this country where we are the new child birth certificate will show both parents name...you said that might make things easier later. How is that. Can u explain? Thx for yr reply

See post #2 - it's accurate.

You can't get your name on the birth certificate (at least you can't legally) if you aren't married.
Trying bribes is a very bad idea that could land you in a lot of serious trouble.

hawa73 wrote:

I explained in my previous message
Having both parents names on original birth certificate will help
-passport / dual nationality in some countries
- school (few places old fashioned and could possibly make things difficult)
- Undocumented father leaving country with own child in an emergency (this is a positive in my opinion)
- in extreme cases (but I know of cases to expats I have met) mother passed away/ abandons child
An extremely useful tool having both parents on the birth certificate
-Father passes away child has no claim to fathers estate (again I know of cases even when deceased fathers parents have gone to court stating birth right)
Regardless make sure your name gets on all paperwork

for visa issue as long you have the requirements such as marriage certificate,passport copy,ktp of your wife and kk,can process and can get visa approval kitas 317,regarding legality of your marriage i suggest to consult a lawyer dealing with marriage.xheers