MM2H Visa Issue

We are a family of 6 children, husband & wife, having Indian nationality, had applied for MM2H last year and had been approved recently, upon approval, we had applied for calling visa which was issued on 17.07.2018, on the said approval letter & calling visa letter one child's passport mentioned and it's going to expire on 08.05.2019. We have planned to travel to Malaysia on 30th November 2018 for getting the MM2H visa sticker on his passport, henceforth I would like to apply for calling visa in coming week and want to know if the current passport is good to get calling visa and later after arriving Malaysia we can get MM2H on the same passport or do I need to apply for renewal of Passport before applying for calling visa?

please guide as I am totally new to this forum and need your support.

Thanks and regards.

My immediate reaction is to say apply for a new passport. The minimum passport validity to enter Malaysia is 6 months.

Is the calling visa to be stamped in the passport at the Malaysian High Commission/Consulate in Chennai, Mumbai or Delhi?  They may be able to advise concerning amending the passport number for that child's VDR (visa with reference)

first of all many thanks for the prompt reply, I was of the same opinion but got confused as both the approval and calling visa letter is mentioned with the passport number and in case of any change will they accept my application? Calling visa will be stamped in New Delhi.

Remember I will be travelling on 30th November 2018 and can submit passport for MM2H sticker on 3rd December 2018, the passport will only expire on 08.05.2019 which means after entering Malaysia validity will me more than 6 months and maybe If I am lucky passport can get MM2H sticker within the validity period. Then afterwards I can apply for renewing of passport at the local embassy and get the pass transferred? Need your inputs.

Thanks in Advance

The exact wording is

"The documents must be valid, for more than six (6) months from the date of entry."

http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/entr … aysia.html

It's very tight and inconvenient to have to go to Putrajaya twice. Seems easier to get the new passport if it is simple in India and get a new VDR reference

So you are remaining in Malaysia. You can check with Indian HC about their services via BSL
https://www.blsindia-malaysia.com/

If the child is going to get a Student Visa, there will again be a further double issuing to be done. It all costs money and plenty of time.

A lot depends on whether the process to get a passport in India is reasonably quick and you have 6 weeks to get a new VDR reference no. and arrange stamping (I just mentioned the HC in Delhi to see if they can help or suggest)

Dear Gravitas I'm really impressed with your quick response and good knowledge on the subject, thanks once again.!

Kids will be homeschooled so no issue of student pass.

Getting new passport is easy nowadays in India infact it's a matter of few days. As for getting the new VDR any idea how long are they taking nowadays as the one I have got took about 3 months. Please advise

I have already sent email to OSC delhi as they are appointed by Malaysia high commission here in India. Do you suggest sending email to MM2H office / 
immigration Malaysia to get clearity on the issue? Please share email address if you suggest so.

Thanks and regards

I was just talking to MM2H office today about the renewed passport. I was advised simply to bring both passports, the old one and the new one, to the MM2H office.  You can call +603 8891 7451 to confirm, if you like.

How long was your process from the day of accepting all of your documents by the office to issuing the letter of approval?

expat000 wrote:

I was just talking to MM2H office today about the renewed passport. I was advised simply to bring both passports, the old one and the new one, to the MM2H office.  You can call +603 8891 7451 to confirm, if you like.

The issue is about changing passport BEFORE the MM2H visa is stamped.

The approval process for the MM2H programme is currently suspended, pending a complete review.

https://www.imidaily.com/program-update … a-program/

Gravitas wrote:

The approval process for the MM2H programme is currently suspended, pending a complete review.

https://www.imidaily.com/program-update … a-program/

There is a Note there: Investment Migration Insider has not been able to find any other source for this story, nor has any announcement appeared on the program's official website, and as such we are not able to verify the information.

I guess, if it is true, they would at least process all applications which were filed before the suspension date.

Mine took 10 months to get approved!

Gravitas is right, the issue is getting the VDR renewed for fresh passport not about getting the MM2H sticker transferred.

Thanks

The content has, since the article was published on 2nd October, been confirmed. This came from a MM2H Agent who has elaborated further on the information and confirmed its accuracy and the moving of the programme from the Tourism Ministry to Immigration Department.

Gravitas wrote:

This came from a MM2H Agent who has elaborated further on the information and confirmed its accuracy

I wonder if they still going to process the applications which are already filed.

Good day dear
I have one question, I had apply for MM2H visa and my file had been given to the gouvernement on7 June 2018 . Then still no yet get my MM2H visa , as I got information that it had been suspended since 1 October but not appear on MM2H site ( is it true ) how long time will need to wait to get it ? Do someone have some information about when it will be restart to deliver the visa from new administration ? I can't get any information about it !!! I had invested one house and one appartment in kL but I can't bring my furniture due the fact that I don't have yet my MM2H visa . Do someone had this issue before and solution to bring my furniture from overseas in kl ?
Thank you
Jean

Approvals for the applications with the numbers above 37000 are suspended until they decide what office is going to handle the approvals as we were told by a clerk in MM2H office. They don't reply  how long this suspension is going to take.

For your furniture, you can simply present a confirmation on acceptance of your documents for MM2H visa and any other recent emails from MM2H office. We did this and our container was delivered without any problems.

However, in the event if you don't get your MM2H soon, how are you planning to stay here if a tourist visa is only for 3 months? You can extend your visa hopefully for 3 more months if you do a "border run", but this might be a hassle and expensive to do with a big family.

Perhaps you may not be interested to rush to come to live here if you know that there are plastic recycling facilities burning plastic in the south of Kuala Lumpur and polluting it with toxic fumes when the wind blows from the south towards KL. These facilities emerged here just this summer after China closed its door for processing trash which is coming from the rich countries. So perhaps maybe be you would rather rent your properties here if it is possible for you not to live in KL. You may prefer to settle in other areas in Malaysia, but keep in mind that Penang is also recycling plastic...

Thank you for your answer , I love malaysia so I  want to leave here  polution not so bad in kL if I compare 10 years in north china and people are so lovely in malaysia. Best regards jean

Yes, people in Malaysia are very nice. Malaysia is a nice country to live, agree.

So you remember China 10 years ago? Well, now KL and Penang are becoming like China you remember. China is closed for world trash processing since Jan. 2018 and it all moved to Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam.

Perhaps, other places in Malaysia have cleaner air than in KL...