About not giving my passport

Hello there,

Thanks for your valuable advice & time. My case story is a bit different, I hope I can get a good idea. I have joined in a job consultancy a month back, But as it was a job consultancy & the role they have offered in visa was kind of deviating from my previous experiences, I asked my employer if she can provide me noc if I change my job. Good thing she agreed to that , also by chance I got an opportunity with another employer. Before going interview , I asked my employer and she agreed to it that she will provide me noc . Also I changed my job with verbal permission from my previous employer, but she had kept my passport for obtaining CPR purpose. Right now its like 5 days & my present employer is asking me to submit  noc & passport but my previous employer is not responding to me. In such a case what should I do? I hope this clears & you can suggest me with better ideas.

Thanks so much.

Hi,

First of all you should have had everything written on a official mail, verbal communication cannot be used as proof anywhere. I would recommend you keep trying to contact your previous employer to get the passport since they have told you they will give you a NOC, if at this moment you approach LMRA/Ministry of labour they may again hold it back. Keep you potential employer informed that your trying your best to get your passport back.

T&R

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Sir. I may also add here I have proof in whatsapp msg from my previous employer that "will release you" to particular question if I got selected if you will release me. To clear you in detail I have asked my previous employer her permission, before appearing in another interview. Will this be sufficient to make my claim? Because I have taken permission, replied yes, then attended the interview & got selected. Kindly suggest.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Look, all the proof in the world doesn't matter unless a court deems that it is admissible. And that is a long battle.

The only way to get your passport if your sponsor is not giving it, is to register a police case. But I would advise you to speak to sponsor before as it doesn't seem they have refused.

Thanks XTang for sharing.

Could you pls tell what are the possible  instances the mobilty rejected in lmra?

https://services.lmra.bh/e-support/inde … l-transfer

The requirements should be meet.

T&R