Yan Nawa Area

Hi, I have been offered a job in Bangkok.  The office is in the Supalai Grand Tower building in the Yan Nawa area.  The employer is suggesting that I live in that area, but on investigation, that area seems pretty dull, with not much go do or places to shop.  Also, there is no sky train or subway in the area.  What do you experts think of living in that area and what would be a good alternative area?  I don't love the idea of taking taxis all the time, or walking too far in the heat, but I also don't want to live in a boring area.  Thanks in advance for you info.

I have to say, I sympathize with your reservations about that area.  Rama III is not a favorite of mine.  It is very industrial around there and the only plus I can see is being near the river and perhaps being able to hop across the river to that green area for some cycling.  I would not live in that area but I guess some people do.

I always preferred Ratchadamri, Phloen Chit, Chidlom, Langsuan, Ton Son, and Ruam Ruedi, but that area is quite far from Rama III.

Thanks for that.  Good information.  I guess I'm torn between the convenience of living close to work and a more interesting area.  My recollection of Bangkok is that the traffic can be horrible.

I would suggest you to looking into Sathorn and Silom area instead, if you don't want to go to Sukhumvit area.

Yannawa and Rama 3 area are mostly the residential area for local Thai people. There are a lot of restaurants and pub/bar (Thai Style) as well as the shopping mall, Central Rama 3, Home Pro Rama 3, and some local community malls.

I hope this help.

BKPR

Thank you for that helpful information.