Need job

Looking for a job in Portugal, arrived here two weeks before, have a valid european visa. Ready to join immediately.....

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Just to clarify; have you got a work visa for Portugal?

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi thanks for the replay, i don't have a work visa for Portugal, i have Poland student visa which is valid up to october of this year. I have applied for legal entry and took finance document from Portugal. Waiting to get a job and job contract....

Yes, I thought as much, hence my question.  I suspect you may now be in breach of your Polish student visa which is valid to live in Poland only during the period of your education; the Schengen aspect of it allows you to travel between other Schengen countries, it does not give you the right to remain for longer than 90 days or to work anywhere else in the EU.

Yes thank you...

Once a job contract or work permit is approved, non-EU nationals need to apply for: a Portuguese work visa, if their nationality requires a visa to enter Portugal or employment is less than six months. a residence permit, if they plan to work in Portugal for long-term.

But you can not have 2 visas at the same time, so your student visa would be cancelled.

How can we find a job contract..

sonythomas456 wrote:

How can we find a job contract..

You find a company willing to employ you. But you have to take into account firms will be more inclined to employ someone who speaks Portuguese and is an EU citizen because they do not need to apply for any kind of work permit or visa. Saying that if you are a highly skilled worker your chances are higher.

I hope this is of help.

SimCityAT
Expat Team

Yes thank you...