Highly Skilled Migrant - TEV Procedure

Hello Everyone,

I have received an offer from a company which is based in Netherlands and the company applied for a highly skilled migrant visa for me and for my husband. The documents were officially handed to the IND on July 17th, I heard that the application process takes average two weeks, however, since it is the holiday season I have some doubts regarding the application time.

Does anyone received the positive answer recently and how long did it take ?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

Regards.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Highly skilled worker visas do take priority and the majority appear to take around 2 weeks, but the IND will always quote the 90 days.  There is no guarantee because every individual application is unique and there could be something that slows one down and judging from what we hear on here, it sometimes does.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks for the information.

We received a letter from IND confirming that our application was received and hopefully they will make the decision within this week (fingers crossed) :)

Hi
Hope every thing is going well with you.
May I kindly ask you that which documents did you give  to your employer for applying for the highly skilled migrant visa?
I received an offer from a company in Netherlands and they told me that they have already started the visa process but they didn't ask me for any document!! They have only may Resume and passport, are these enough ?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Hi
May I kindly ask you that which documents did you give  to your employer for applying for the highly skilled migrant visa?
I received an offer from a company in Netherlands and they told me that they have already started the visa process but they didn't ask me for any document!! They have only may Resume and passport, are these enough ?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,

If it's only for you, then yes, but if you have a family, you should get back in contact with your new employer and ask them to include them as well.

Thanks for your quick response.
As they said the process was started 3 weeks ago but I did not receive any email from IND. Is it possible to follow up from IND to make sure whether they received my application?

To be honest, I'm not sure.  I do know that Dutch companies who are registered with the IND are "authorised" to act as an agent for their employees and I assume you must have signed something in the process that allows them to do this.  The IND has a contact page on their website; this link will take you there.

Unless you have any reason to believe the process is flawed or not in accordance with the regulatory process, then contact the company and ask where they are in the process.  Highly skilled migrant visas are normally turned around within 14 days, but we are now in the bouwvak (national Dutch holidays), so the entire Government tends to go to pot for 6 weeks.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Mahvashkarimi wrote:

Thanks for your quick response.
As they said the process was started 3 weeks ago but I did not receive any email from IND. Is it possible to follow up from IND to make sure whether they received my application?

Trust your employer :) and all the best !

Thanks, but it's a little bit strange because I have not singed the offer yet!
How is it possible that the process was started!!!

I guess they can not start any progress if you have not signed the offer, contact your employer immediately, in addition to passport and signed offer, some forms should have been filled out and signed as well.

You also may wish to check that this is a bonafide job you are being offered.  Have you paid anybody any money related to this?

Definitely not I did not pay any money to any one.
The only thing is that the company said they have a Lawyer who is doing the Visa process.

That's normal.  Contact the Company, ask them for an update on the process.

And do check the authenticity of this employer by searching available official info in the internet.

Hello every body,
My employer is going to apply for a Blue card for me. As blue card requirements, my qualification should be evaluated by IDW institute in Netherlands. Does any one have an experience with IDW? should I send my documents by post or email to them?
Thanks in advance,

Hi again,

You haven't given us enough information to relate your qualifications to the criteria, but that doesn't matter, you can do this yourself; this link will take you to the IDW Holland website.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks for your help.
I studied in Iran and I have a Master in Chemical engineering.
Another question :) since qualification assessment takes  4/2 weeks, its possible that I tell my employer to apply for highly skilled migrant instead of Blue card( I'm well aware of the advantages of Blue card)? Be informed that my salary covers Blue card condition.

Thanks in advance.

I'd recommend the highly skilled route, if only because it takes you outside of the requirements of the MVV process.

Hi every body,

I am looking for an accommodation in Leiden, I would be so happy if tell me some website or agency for finding a place to rent.

Thanks in advance.

Mahvashkarimi wrote:

Hi every body,

I am looking for an accommodation in Leiden, I would be so happy if tell me some website or agency for finding a place to rent.

Thanks in advance.

I'd recommend using something like Air BnB for the first month, then use that time to find something you like on a more permanent basis.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi every body,

My company has applied for a knowledge migrant for me, and I want to know the progress of my application in IND. Is there any possibility to check my status with IND on my own?
Be informed that company just told me that we have applied for you but I want to know some details about my application.

Thanks in advance.

Mahvashkarimi wrote:

Hi every body,

My company has applied for a knowledge migrant for me, and I want to know the progress of my application in IND. Is there any possibility to check my status with IND on my own?
Be informed that company just told me that we have applied for you but I want to know some details about my application.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there and welcome to the Forum.

The contact details for the IND can be found on their website; this link will take you there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

So how long did it take in the end to get your residence permit?