Visa for parents

Hi all!
My husband is transferred from india to Mauritius and now we all(family) are planning to shift there with him soon. My husband will get sponsorship from his company but how can  i move along with him and also his parents ?Canyone tell me anything about visa policy in Mauritius for spouse and parents ?

You can accompany him as a dependent, same for children. But not his parents.

Thanks for the reply

Parents are not considered as 'dependents' - therefore they can't be attached to your husband's permit. If parents want to come, they need to apply for their own permit.

How can they apply on their own... Is it possible for them to apply for any kind of visa apart from tourist visa?

His parents can accompany you on a tourist visa if they intend to stay for a short period in Mauritius. They may stay as tourists for a maximum period of six months per calendar year.

However, if they can bring at least USD 30,000 annually to Mauritius, they may be eligible for residence permit as a Retired Non-Citizen.

Applications for a Residence Permit as dependent of an investor may also be submitted to the Passport and Immigration Office for transmission to the Prime Minister's Office for consideration on a case to case basis.
----------------------------------
Residence Permit

A. Retired Non-CitizenForeign nationals, above the age of 50 years, may also choose to retire in Mauritius under a Residence Permit (RP).The Retired Non-Citizen must undertake to transfer to his/her local bank account in Mauritius an initial transfer of at least USD 2,500. Thereafter, the Retired Non-Citizen should transfer at least USD 2,500 monthly or a sum by instalments amounting to at least USD 30,000 annually.

Hi! Can we get visa for 6 months at once only or we have to extend our visa visa aftr 60 days because i read on website that visa on arrival for indian tourist is valid for 60 days only?

You get one duration on your arrival - and then you need to do extension in Port Louis office.  No one gets a full 6 months on arrival

Thanks nadeem....
Is there any fees for extension of visa?

No fees for extension. But the person needs to have sufficient funds to sustain his living for the extended period. Roughly the Immigration states USD100 per day. Not an exact sciencem but you should be able to confirm having a credit card or funds accessible.

Thanks nadeem!👍