Foreigner with Document Controller and Sales Experience

Hello All ,

I am currently in KL and with dependant Visa . Can someone tell me how do i network to find jobs here ? I have 10+ years of Experience in Sales , Marketing and also event Management . Currently working as a Document Controller in my home country .

Any suggestion is highly appreciated .

Thanks
Aman Maiun

There is a shortage of experienced Document Controllers in Malaysia so check the job portals and apply for relevant vacancies. Carefully match your experience to the duties described in the advertisement.

Forget sales and marketing plus event management as career paths in Malaysia.

I read that to change from a DP to EP required exiting the country and returning on a single entry VDR (visa with reference) Hopefully that insanity has been superseded with  a better arrangement.

Thanks for your response .
So you would advice to make Document Controller as a career path and then proceed .
Do i remove the previous experiences for Sales& Experience from my Resume in that case ?

Yes DC is probably the best route to finding work

No, you have to include all your experience in any CV and job application. I just meant don't apply for that type of job because it almost impossible to get positions unless you have special language skills that the job requires.

Call Centres tend to be the way in which sales and marketing is set up in Malaysia. They are run by companies large enough to hire foreigners.

Small companies can't hire expats usually because they are not incorporated in the necessary way.

If you have s/m experience in the financial sector then check www.efinancialcareers.my but this would be a longshot as its a favoured local career and the whole point is - if a Malaysian can do the job, then a foreigner can't be hired (regardless of their experience and merit - it's called protectionism).

Thank you so much . Is online the only way to apply jobs or we have consultancies as well which can help us in job search ?
I have been applying online from almost 2 months now but no luck so not sure how to proceed

Consultancies may be interested but usually they concentrate on local Malaysian candidates. You will see the consultancies advertising on the job Portals anyway

Ok . So will go ahead with Document Controller job search . Could you let me know if any references for the same ? Since I heard that here all the applications must go through HR

Just apply!!