Expired Italian permit of stay/Spanish Type D visa/Travel to Romania

Hello,

I am a resident of Milan, but I am currently in Spain doing my internship period which is supposed to end around mid July.
Since I am non-EU citizen, I went in February to get a Spanish Visa type D so I can enter Spain and do research activities. I was granted a Multiple entry Spanish visa for 6 months, it ends in August 2018.

I had at that time the permesso di soggiorno, and it valid until June 20. I had also visited Milan in April so I can apply for the renewal and I also have with me now the recivuta.

All the times when I entered Spain my passport was not stamped, since I was coming from Italy to  Spain.

Now, I am traveling to Romania to attend a conference for 5 days. With my multiple entry long-term Schengen Visa it seems that I can enter Romania.

But, I never had my passport stamped when entering Spain previously, and now it should be stamped when leaving Spain to Romania, and as well when leaving Romania and coming back to Spain.

Will I be asked about this?  Is this an issue? Or should I explain that I had a valid Italian permit of stay and that I entered Spain through Italy and that is why it was never stamped.

Thank you in advance for helping me.
-Omran

When a non EU citizen enters the Schengen area they must get their passport stamped.  Travel within Schengen does not require the production of a PP.   

Airlines may want certain proofs of ID but that is not EU law

I did not think that a resident of the EU required a visa to travel to another EU (Schengen) Country.  Is it that one requires some paperwork to stay for longer than three months in abotherEU country ?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I had applied for and I was granted a Type D Multiple entry visa to Spain, because I am doing an internship for around 5 months, and because I am non-EU, I am not allowed to stay more than 90 days in Spain (that is, outside of Italy) in a period of any 180 days.

So for this reason I did an application for this Visa.

Now I have it, and it is valid until August 31. I know that for sure I can travel to Schengen states but I was not exactly sure if I can go also to Romania with this  visa. I will appreciate it if you can confirm this to me.

Thanks

Have you checked out

http://romaniatourism.com/entry-requirements.html