We are here in Brazil and our visa expires soon

Hi everybody
We are in Brazil to give birth to our baby, our visa expires on 15th June, one month before giving birth to the child
Should we extend our visa and How is the process?
Is there a risk they do not extend visa and deport us? Or even if they do not extend we can overstay and pay the fine?
How much is the fine?

If you go to extend they may deny because they know you are having an anchor baby. If you overstay it's R$100 per day per person up to R$10.000 maximum per person. I don't agree with what you are doing, but try to extend to save money. They won't deport you for trying to extend and finding out your true intentions in Brazil.

May be I can try to extend only for my kid and myself and not for my wife ? So only pay fine for 1 person ?

If your visas were issued to you as Georgian citizens, they cannot be extended, per this guidance issued by the Ministry of Foreign Relations:

http://www.portalconsular.itamaraty.gov … -Mai04.pdf

You should naturally research it yourselves, but it appears that Georgians, like EU citizens, are only permitted to remain in Brazil for 90 days in every 180.  If that is the case, going to the Federal Police will probably result in an order to leave Brazil, rather than an extension.

If you are dual nationals and your visas were issued under your other nationality, you should check the rules for that before going to the Federal Police.

Thank you Abthree
Our visa issued on Iranian passport, and it says 1 mes, but not mentions if it extendable or not
And from the link I cannot find something about it
Thanks

Uh oh, this will be an expensive trip and anchor baby. Good luck!

Nazli&Nelly wrote:

Thank you Abthree
Our visa issued on Iranian passport, and it says 1 mes, but not mentions if it extendable or not
And from the link I cannot find something about it
Thanks

According to the document at the link, Iran ("Irã" in Portuguese) is subject to the same rules as the US and Canada, i.e., 90 days, extendable to another 90 days, for a total of 180 days in every 365.  However, specific language on a visa ALWAYS takes precedence over general rules. 

If your visa says "30 days", you should ask a Portuguese-speaking friend to CALL the Federal Police and ask if it can be extended, without identifying you.

For reference of other people who may face this situation in future, we went to Fedral Police in Airport of Florianopolis, based on recommendation of a friend from expat.com, they did not ask anything about our intention to stay, however it was clear that my wife is at final stages of pregnancy.
They just asked if it is ok to extend for 1 month, and we asked for extension of 2 months and they accepted , paid 110 R$ for each person at bank of
Brasil and done !

Glad it worked out for you.