Vehicle rental / lease vs. buying

Hi everyone,

As usual, I am turning to the wisdom of the Forum to get some advice and information regarding vehicle rental / lease in Bahrain.

I will be moving over with my family (wife and 2 small children). We are moving from the US, but lived in the UAE for 6 years up to summer 2010.

We will initially rent a vehicle when we arrive - but then will need to decide on buying vs. leasing.

We would be looking for a SUV / 4WD vehicle (something like a Ford Explorer / Mitsubishi Pajero, or similar).

Does anyone know:

1. How much it would cost to lease vehicles (we would lease for at least 2 years)?
2. How much a used SUV / 4WD costs? Ideally no more than 3 years old.

Any rough estimates / ideas would be most appreciated.

Hopefully I will get some good advice, and you will then see me whizzing about the island in a new car! :lol:

Hi bartowel :)

I hope other members will be able to give you some helpful advices soon ;)

Regards
Armand

bartowel wrote:

Hi everyone,

As usual, I am turning to the wisdom of the Forum to get some advice and information regarding vehicle rental / lease in Bahrain.

I will be moving over with my family (wife and 2 small children). We are moving from the US, but lived in the UAE for 6 years up to summer 2010.

We will initially rent a vehicle when we arrive - but then will need to decide on buying vs. leasing.

We would be looking for a SUV / 4WD vehicle (something like a Ford Explorer / Mitsubishi Pajero, or similar).

Does anyone know:

1. How much it would cost to lease vehicles (we would lease for at least 2 years)?
2. How much a used SUV / 4WD costs? Ideally no more than 3 years old.

Any rough estimates / ideas would be most appreciated.

Hopefully I will get some good advice, and you will then see me whizzing about the island in a new car! :lol:

ya u can cont me upon ur arrival in bahrain, and i will help u either rent a car or buying used car/jeep any thing.

Hi Bartowel, long time no see :D

Always the same answer to that kind of question: depense on one's opinion :D
If you don't want to have to manage the service, the resale when you will leave and if you like to drive a new car, lease contracts are for you.
If you like to own something, you don't mind going to the garage from times to times and you don't mind driving a used car, you'll probably want to buy a car.
Asian car are very popular here and any models of Honda or toyota will resell very easily. Some brands are not very popular anymore, usually because of the agent. When the service isn't very good or too expansive, year after year no one wants to buy the brand anymore. Ask some local people they will give you precise informations regarding that.

You will find hereunder some links for used cars and one for leasing. I'm sure Google can help you find more.

On that website you can select a model a mileage or a price scale:
http://www.bahcars.com/en/http://www.carsdir.com/used-cars-for-sa … 1&makeid=0

Here's one of the company who does long term leasing
http://www.zayanileasing.com/

But of course you will find here also the Budget, Avis, Rent A Car etc...

Hope this will help a little....

Friendly yours

Olivier

Dear Sir,

[moderated: no free ads]

imrantel > advertisement is not allowed on the forum, please register your activity in the business directory.

Thanks