Scooter in bahrain

Hi,

I would like ot know if it is common to drive a scooter in bahrain since it is a very small country one can go almost any were with a 125cc scooter

Thank you

Motor cycles and scooters are used by some people, but it is not common. Mostly food and newspaper delivery teams use them. Also policemen and some weekend thrill seekers. Its much safer to have a car, in my view.

thank you very much for your answer ... Actually what made me think about a scooter was to avoid car fees for the first months since the opening i am applying for will not pay enough for that ( 500-600BD)

Honestly I will recommend you to take private taxis rather than scooters and cycles here. You will realize why I say this once you come here. It does not seem safe to me bro. The driving here is too fast and scooters cannot keep up with the cars on highways.

Think about it and make a good decision.

once again thank you for this quick reply since we started talking about taxis how much dose a mile on a privet cab cost ???

once again thank you very much

The official metered taxis are a rip-off in my view. Quite expensive and to be used if there is no other choice. Besides you can never find an official taxi on the road since most of them are too lazy to drive around looking for business.

There are some private taxis that operate. Usually friends and colleagues in Bahrain will be able to recommend a few of these guys. Their charges are reasonable and you can call them when you need transport.

thank you very much for this useful information i hope i will be able to lease a car so that i won't have to deal with them but i guess i will have to take cabs while preparing for my driver licence if mine is not convertible

once again thank you very much

There was a discussion on the forum about driving licenses in Bahrain.  Try to take a look at that if you get a chance.

Best wishes.

thank you I most certainly will

You can hire a small Kia Rio for around BD160 a month fully inclusive. I have a brand new Trailblazer for BD250 a month. PM me if you wish to contact the owners of the hire firm as they don't waste money on advertising which keeps their costs down.

DO NOT GET A SCOOTER IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!!!! End of motherly nag

thank you very much about this life saving information NO SCOOTER for me ;)

Hahaha ... The "no scooter" message is firmly in your head now :)

We only have your best interests at heart. I can now sleep tonight knowing that you and a scooter are not going to get together :top:

looooool i promiss i will not ride a scooter in bahraine now u can relax

It's not just the crazy drivers here. It's also the crazy heat and humidity!

and here I was thinking of getting myself a bike license and then getting a bike