Internet speed in malta

Hi I would like to know if you can get a fast internet in mauritius everywhere in the island or if there was some place better than others ? Which speed can you hope ? Is the internet very good there ? I need a fast connection its why I'm asking, thanks

edit, i called melita they say u can get 250 mbs everywhere in the island, is it true ?

ander123 wrote:

Hi I would like to know if you can get a fast internet in mauritius everywhere in the island or if there was some place better than others ? Which speed can you hope ? Is the internet very good there ? I need a fast connection its why I'm asking, thanks

edit, i called melita they say u can get 250 mbs everywhere in the island, is it true ?

Presumably you mean Malta not Mauritius!

I doubt it's true, there are always small pockets without internet by one of the companies.

That said I live quite rurally and I have 250 and its fine.

The problem is, the uplink leaving the island is not really capable of carrying every person using 250, so you can forget about getting anything near that internationally.  Ping latency is high and they aggressively traffic shape the connections.

It's 250 to the speedtest server hosted on their network, past that - who knows, but its not like you have a 250 thats capable of managing internationally that.

Centrally you can get up to a gig now.  If you are that serious about it I suggest you get a business contract (if you're a business) they are much less aggressive about traffic shaping on those

I've been on the 250 package for the past six months and have no complaints about the service.
@volcane, I also thought there is not enough international bandwidth, but I did numerous tests at different times of the day to Vodafone speedtest servers around Europe and consistently got 240-250 download speeds - bandwidth on the receiving end matters as well. People also try speed tests whilst on Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz and think it's their link, but it is in fact the physical limitation of that wireless standard.

yes im sorry !