Football

Hi,
      are there any football teams 5s or 11s  in Phnom Penh, having trouble getting answers. have just arrived in the last 2 weeks so would be good to find a team. Cheers.

Tom

Tom, why don't you try to have a little patience?

I gave you the link to the Facebook group re football for expats just two days ago, you posted a question there just 12 hours ago and now complaining you get no answers.

12 hours ago was last night 10 pm, not really a time someone would answer questions.

So give it a few days, relax and don't worry.  ;)

Cheers.

Joe

Hi Joe,
             Yes you are correct I am impatient, ( we all have flaws) just waiting on reply from Rapid Soccer Cup,so hope I can get back with good news soon. Your wisdom is always appreciated.

Tom

Tom Wallace wrote:

Hi Joe,
             Yes you are correct I am impatient, ( we all have flaws) just waiting on reply from Rapid Soccer Cup,so hope I can get back with good news soon. Your wisdom is always appreciated.

Tom

I bet you sit in your room/house/hotel totally dressed up in football clothes, shoes on, ready to go any minute.... Love it, it's called enthusiasm  :top:

Cheers.

Joe

HaHa, nice one Joe.

Hi Joe, just to let you know I found a football team at Soccer Zone, had first training game on Monday, Knackered but loved it. Thanks for the advice.

Tom Wallace wrote:

Hi Joe, just to let you know I found a football team at Soccer Zone, had first training game on Monday, Knackered but loved it. Thanks for the advice.

Hey Tom, very happy for you.

Cheers.

Joe

Hello Joe and Tom,

Although haven't yet relocated to PP - could you please advise the name of the Facebook group for expat football teams which you used so I can look around and prepare in advance.

I am patient  :sleep

Thank you in advace,
Cheers!
Anton

Sport Zone - Cambodia

It's a facebook group.

Cheers.

Joe

Thanks Joe!  :top:

Hi Anton,
                  I have started playing with Anvaya Sporting Club, they play on a Wednesday evening from 7pm till 9pm  mostly French Khmer and a few other nationalities thrown in for good measure. The facilities are good with large astro playing surfaces and we play 6 aside, the standard is pretty good too. They also have a Saturday 11 aside team ( Mid table at the moment)  Depending where you will be staying, i found Soccer Zone was too far to travel where as Anvaya is not far from Riverside and easily found near to Nagaworld Hotel. Find them on Facebook and ask for directions. There are usually around 15 to 18 players and play 15 mins on 15 mins off  so each team has around 5 or 6 games. Good friendly bunch of guys. Oh and cost is around $4

Tom

Hi Tom!

Thanks for all the details - really appreciate the effort to clue me up and give a heads up even on the locations, really helpful!

Judging by the location, perhaps Anvaya will be the more suitable one and I guess that also affects where I will be searching for accommodation based on that info :)

Good to know that it's a good vibe there too, looking forward!

Well, thanks again - and perhaps see you there in the near future, will give you a shout as and when I am settled and ready to experience some Khmer footie.

Have a great weekend!

Anton