ANYONE KNOW A GOOD BRUNCH ( breakfast ) PLACE IN PHOM PENH?

Hi looking to have a nice breakfast in phom penh . Any expat person here for a while RECOMMEND A GOOD PLACE AND ITS LOCATION AND PRICE? Thx

Most of the overpriced coffeeshops in BKK 1 serve a fairly decent breakfast. Java Cafe isnt bad either.
Elixer Urban wine spot has a brunch with champagne and massage for
$25 if you want something more upscale.

Cheers

There are a few places right on Riverside, I had breakfast in one today, $5.50, great meal large real OJ, nice piece of back bacon, a great sausage, 2 eggs, toast and baked tomato oh and beans. Sorry I don't remember the name but I believe it is the corner of 136 and Riverside. If you take a stroll they keep the menus on the tables. Was my first foray into downtown on my moto! Was "fined" by the police, could not escape he stood right in front of me and I was the only moto on the street so my meal was a bit more money, welcome to PP.

1. I'm honestly digging BROWN Coffee at the BKK area at the intersection of Street 294 and 57.
Their latte is seriously good, US$3.25 for the large and US$3.85 for the grande. And I mean, seriously good coffee - creamy proper froth in the right amounts, very rich aromatic coffee beans that are not at all bitter like other rich coffee would have been. Better coffee than Tous Les Jour bakery and any other coffee you can find along BKK and in Phnom Penh on the whole (IMHO). I go there almost every Sunday. It has become a ritual. lol

They serve lots of sandwiches and also do nice eggs benedict (US$3-4?) too (cept that it has far too much spinach for my liking, but they can be picked out). You can also order the 'Make Your Own Sandwich' breakfast and basically choose what you'd like to have in your tummy.

2. Flavours at BKK the intersection of Street 282 and 51.
Full English - Great value brekkie with proper bacon and eggs, sausage, beans etc and toast(one sad slice only, but other things on the plate kinda make it worthwhile). US$7 Estimated. And its all-day breakfast btw. You could always add on more of any thing for a nominal fee.

Hope you find this useful, enjoy your brekkie.

If you want a breakfast that is a mouthful and very Tasty , do 172 street  walking up from Noredom Two minutes to a restaurant called the BLUE DOLPHIN on your right  and order the Veggie breakfast . For 3.00 us ?... Good feed , tasty, and beats any breakfast i have had in PP coffee extra though

Hey Wimbleton,

Nice to know that you've found what you're looking for. =]

hi Kaye thanks but have a  quick question for You? since you are flighty(travel SAVY) what has your appetite of which country in Southeast Asia  you best enjoy and would place it on your list to say Yes I could live there and be happy! I see you are from Singapore ( many think its way too pricey and workaholic to call it their ideal home ) however is Singapore your favorite if you didnt have family to consider?? Care to share?? Thx

Hey Wimbleton,
You're welcome, and sorry for the late reply.

While I wouldn't say I'm travel savvy, I'd admit I had to travel quite a bit these few years, mostly to the same places all the time for work (ie. HK-PP, China-PP, SG-PP).

Although it might seem hard to believe, but trust me when I say I've not been to too many places in the SEA in the past decade, so I can't actually put my finger to which country in the SEA that I'd like to live in apart from home. I have never set foot in Laos nor Myanmar for the record (even Cambodia was just mainly due to work last year, a place I'd never imagine myself to be living in a couple of years ago), and its only last year that I've been to Manila(Philippines) and Bangkok, a couple of days max in each country. Haven't spent enough time in these places to really know if I could live there, but I can safely say that most countries in the SEA are at my bottom of the list of where I'd like to live in! hahaha. However, if you're talking about food in SEA, my second favourite SEA cuisine would be Thai.

Yes I'm born and raised in Singapore, but after living abroad for close to a decade, I've kind of lost track of the real standard of living/ economy in SG. And whenever I'm in Singapore, it is never more than 10 days - of which I am kinda part-tourist and part-local, so the 'too pricey and workaholic' thoughts that many people have don't really register with me luckily!

Kaye

Thanks Kaye for the reply so i seem to get you would have the west Europe or North America, or Australia , on your desire to live in ? and which country have u spent most of your last decade living in most? p

Hey Wimbleton,

This thread is derailing from the topic I see.
As much as the SEA countries (except Singapore) are at the bottom of my list, I have quite high regards for EA, East Asia. I'd say Japan would be a place I'd love to live in, minus the radiation. Hong Kong(3.5 years), is also one of my favourite cities in the EA. Taiwan seems like a really cool place to dwell too, but I have yet to visit so it's in the bucket list.

As for whether I'd want to live in the areas you mentioned, I'm not too sure since I have only visited France and Italy thus far for the Western Europe, and have never been to North America. Have spent 3 years in Sydney in the past decade and would say Australia is quite a nice place to live in, especially Melbourne and Sydney, maybe even Cairns which I have yet to visit.

Coming back to the topic, anyone looking for a hearty Dim Sum meal (Cantonese Cuisine), check out Dim Sum Emperor at the Central Market, adjacent to street 130 facing the Central Market. I've wrote a blog post on it on my blog registered on expatblog, and it has all the pricing, review and location of that place.

Kaye

Mekong Restaurant on Sisowath Blvd. at  St. 118
$2.75 for all you can eat buffet. Eggs , croissants, unlimited juice and coffee.
okay, Lots of snotty Brits hanging around
David

At one time quite a while back Mekong was a frugal way to have brunch and multiple coffee for an inexpensive Breakfast .... However you must be satisfied with old eggs, and in recent months 7 people no longer go there as the quality was deteriorating rapidly ... so buyer beware! of course it is a great location , and maybe they have improved for hi season !

I wrote that it was "okay", not great. . The food is prepared that morning. 2 juices and 2 coffees is $4.00 easily. Still a bon marche, I think.
I make my own judgements!
I don't know the seven who no longer go there. Are they setting the trends for the nuevo cognoscenti?
I can wait to find out where the 7 of fresh Eggdom are dining.
Enjoy life

Thanks Kaye read your blog on dim sum will check it out ... Haven't had it for along time so will be a great reunion i think!

It's not important who , just 7 who decided that it had lowered its standard quite a bit in recent months . however as i said ( since have not been there recently it May have improved... And your # s are correct for the juice and coffee .So its a judgment call .. On street 172 i get quality healthy food for very inexpensive money and a breakfast that kicks , so i have not the stomach to retreat to Mekong.. So please cheers , only presenting another opinion