Visa question

Smjadot :
Hello,

I am wondering if you or anyone can help me with this . I was married to a Belgian , so my children are Belgian (EU) citizens. I am not. I will be moving from the US.  I would like to move to Belgium, but don't know what my option are or how difficult will it be for me to obtain a permanent resisdency? The process etc. I have no work offers , but am a freelance artist . Any information would be appreciated .

Thanks
Simone

Hi,

If your children have Belgian nationality, you are automatically entitled to the "F" type residence card. This is the one provided to anyone who can prove a direct affiliation with a Belgian.

Just go to the Belgian embassy to start the process with them.

http://unitedstates.diplomatie.belgium. … ation-visa

Hi Phipiemer:

I am presently in the US.  Should I start the process here or best when I get to Belgium hopefully this summer ?  Would this visa allow me to work and typically what's the time frame for receipt of the visa?

Best ,

Simone

Hi Simone,

The fact that you start the process in the US or Belgium does not really matter in a case like yours.

Just the fact that if you are asked for US official documents, you could get them much faster by being there.

******* ... It must always be thought that the mentality and / or the thought mode of a country can diverge strongly from another. And it is with problems of this style that an expatriation can succeed or miss completely.

On this have a nice day,
Philippe

Hello everyone,

Please note that i have edited some posts by removing the name of a member who isn't involved in this thread as well as comments which led.

All the best,
Bhavna

Thank you very much ...

Have a wonderful day as well 🤗

Simone