Local bakeries that deliver

I am yet to move to Cali but want to get a local bakery/someone to bake a pineapple pie/tart and deliver it as a gift to my partner (off Carrera 66) in Cali . Can anyone help me fathom out how to do this or recommend someone? Seems so simple, but I just don't know how to go about finding the right business or person to do it while I am here in the UK.

many thanks....
Stephen

It's a nice thought - but pretty hard to do that from the UK.  You will need a good command of Spanish, for sure, if you call any of these panaderías/pastelerías located on/near Carrera 66:

https://www.google.com/search?q=cali+pa … p;ie=UTF-8

But that's what I'd do.  I'd call the bakeries, picking one that's closest to where your friend lives (you don't say where near Carrera 66), explain what you want to them, ask if they deliver to a home (many if not most will deliver a domicilio, for a price), and arrange for payment by credit card or some other method.  That last may be a problem...although many bakeries do accept credit cards, they may be leery of doing it over the phone for an unknown individual who's not even in the same country.

Another possibility is to get in touch with a delivery service in Cali, and again, explain what you want and see what they'd charge.  I would think the possibility is greater that a delivery service would accept a credit card:

https://www.google.com/search?q=cali+se … p;ie=UTF-8

In these days of email, digital photos, WhatsApp and all the rest, there's no reason why you couldn't get  a picture of the cake, also of the delivery person, be notified when it's being delivered, etc. etc. - BUT the idea of good and complete customer service in Colombia is not quite there yet for the most part.

Thank you -that's really helpful. I will give it a try....

Stephen

Yet another possibility might be to have another expat, on this forum or another, volunteer to be the "delivery man" (or woman).  But there do not seem to be a whole lot of expats in Cali.  You could put out the call and see if anyone responds, though.

How do I put out the call!

I guess you already have put out the call, in this thread. 

If you don't want to try to contact businesses in Cali yourself - you could try another thread and title it something else, like "Looking for Cali expat to help me" and you may get a response - but I'd guess there are not that many expats in Cali who also read this forum and who could or would do all the legwork.