Nursing in Hanoi

Hi there,

I am a third year  nursing student in Australia graduating as a registered nurse in december. I am looking at moving to hanoi with my husband and wondering if anyone knows of eligibility to gain employment as a registered nurse  without  prior paid work experience? I will have completed over 900 hours of of placement within public hospitals during my degree.

Thank you to anyone who can provide info or point me in the direction of some!

Katrina McLean

Can you speak Vietnamese, if not, you will find it difficult to get work.

You can try: Family medical; Vinmec hospital and Hôpital Français de Hanoi

Hi, just wondering if you had any joy finding a nursing position without Vietnamese?
I am looking at living/working in Vietnam too. I have a good few years child nursing experience.
Hope you got there 🤞😁

I think if you're an RN or a nurse, your best chance to land a high paying job is to move to a major city in the US and get a job at the hospitals. US is importing nurses from the Philippines to fill the demands for nurses. I have many Filipino friends who are nurses. It's a very stable and well paying job. Unless you really want to live in SE Asia, the pay and opportunity when you don't speak the language will be low.
Good luck!

Hi, I am a nurse in Australia and earn a good salary, I am looking for a life change, this does not necessarily mean I need to be earning the highest income.  As long as I have money left for travel and adventure after I have paid bills etc . Cheers

Hopefulx wrote:

Hi, I am a nurse in Australia and earn a good salary, I am looking for a life change, this does not necessarily mean I need to be earning the highest income.  As long as I have money left for travel and adventure after I have paid bills etc . Cheers

Realistically  if you would make more than $500USD per month that would probably be top of the market, assuming you speak Vietnamese.

Hopefulx wrote:

You wont get much time for travel, many nurses get just one day off a month.