Marriage procedures and documentation required

Hi I am an Indian citizen I wish to marry a Moroccan girl with whom I am engaged to I contacted the Indian embassy in Rabat they asked me to get three papers duly signed and stamped by the ministry of external affairs which are almost done and I am waiting for my visa to travel to Morocco if anyone can help me with information then please help

Dear Mizanur, I am an Indian as well and got married to my wife a Moroccan Alhamdulillah. It was a little challenge in their court but Alhamdulillah it was completed. The papers that needed to be Apostille or stamped by should Ministry of External Affairs is your Capacity of Marriage and make sure you have the format or template as mentioned and required by their court check on this link http://www.indianembassyrabat.com/pdf/M … oforma.pdf  and have it stamped or Apostille, 2nd your PCC Police clearance certificate and then get the certificate of nationality from Indian Embassy rabat, person named Nanda. The papers needed to be again translated to Arabic which can be done in Rabat or any other cities, Employment proof, Medical fitness (I will suggest do this at Morocco) and follow the rest of the list. Make sure the above papers are well collected and arranged. In shah ALLAH all will be fine.

Thanks for your kind reply my brother I have got my pcc but there is problems in getting the capacity of marriage certificate one information I need very urgent  by the Indian embassy in Rabat I was asked to get three papers capacity of marriage pcc and birth cum nationality certificate can you please guide me how you made your capacity of marriage and birth cum nationality certificate I have very little time to reach Morocco waiting for your quick response it would be a great help or if you can whatsapp me and guide me through I would really be grateful to you ***

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : please share your contact via your private message system. Thank you.

Brother I have obtained the police clearance certificate and the capacity of marriage certificate as per the format provided by the Indian embassy in Rabat can I travel with this two documents stamped or apostled by the ministry of external affairs and I can  get the birth cum nationality certificate from the Indian embassy in Rabat?? Please reply quick if possible

Msg me on ***

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : For your own safety please avoid sharing your personal contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I messaged you in whatsapp but my messages are not delivered to you yet

Hello brother I am indian and aslo planning to morocco but from saudi arab . Can I make all my documents here in saudi arab. where I make capacity of marriage certificate ?

It should be from the Embassy of India in Saudi and as well in India.... for safer side

Dear Mizanur, I am an Indian as well and got married to my wife a Moroccan Alhamdulillah. It was a little challenge in their court but Alhamdulillah it was completed. The papers that needed to be Apostille or stamped by should Ministry of External Affairs is your Capacity of Marriage and make sure you have the format or template as mentioned and required by their court check on this link http://www.indianembassyrabat.com/pdf/M … oforma.pdf  and have it stamped or Apostille, 2nd your PCC Police clearance certificate and then get the certificate of nationality from Indian Embassy rabat, person named Nanda. The papers needed to be again translated to Arabic which can be done in Rabat or any other cities, Employment proof, Medical fitness (I will suggest do this at Morocco) and follow the rest of the list. Make sure the above papers are well collected and arranged. In shah ALLAH all will be fine.

- @Mamkc
Assalamo alaykom,
I'm going to marry a Moroccan girl and need your help about documents.
My fiancé called the embassy about national certificate and legal capacity to marry, they confirm that her I have to bring everything from India.
I need also criminal record, is it same PCC here (the one required for long term visa or immigration)?
And residence certificate is domicile certificate? I'm working in a different district and I have my home address in domicile certificate. Is it OK?

@Hananec Just quick question, do we need to apostille birth certificate, I am indian living in australia, if needed do I need to apostle birth certificate  in Australia or India?

@Mamkc  excuse me brother can I have your WhatsApp number, I wanna discuss something in personal thanks

@Hananec Just quick question, do we need to apostille birth certificate, I am indian living in australia, if needed do I need to apostle birth certificate  in Australia or India?

- @zaheerakhter
Yes,  all documents should be apostilled.
I think documents will be apostilled in the country wich issued the original documents.
You can ask the embassy in Australia to confirm.
I'm still also discovering, and need so many informations.
@Mamkc

Assalamu Alaikum Brother,

congratulations for your marriage Brother. I am Mukhtar. In Sha Allah I am planning to get married to my Moroccan partner. And i believe i have to go through the same experience as you went through . I was hoping to learn from your experience regarding all of the procedure documentation etc. I would really appreciate, if I can get some insights that'll really help me to prepare for all in advance. looking forward for a conversation however the way you feel convenient either phone or mail.

Jazakallah, Assalamu Alaikum.
assalam alaikum , request if anyone can confirm if the Indian embassy in Rabat can issue nationally and birth certificate for those who are visiting on tourist visa.

thank you

@Mizanurdonia please let me know brother if you were able to get birth and nationality certificate from Indian embassy in Rabat

@Fahim07 yes it was very easily served to me

@Mizanurdonia thank you for your quick response. Hope they haven't changed the rule and still issuing it to those on tourist visa .

@Mizanurdonia  brother will it possible for you to call embassy and check. It will be very helpful. Jazak Allah khair

@Fahim07 the rule is same last month one of my cousin got married and I went to the embassy with him for the same and nothing has changed regarding the issuance of birth cum nationality certificate you can go without any hesitation you will get it same day if you reach the embassy before 11 am

@Mizanurdonia May God bless you brother. Thank you

@Mizanurdonia assalam aleykum.

I live in canada and have permanent residency in canada. Where  can I get the capacity of marriage certificate ? Please help.

@Mizanurdonia assalam aleykum . I hope everyone is doing good. I have permanent  residency In canada. I hold indian passport. Where can I get the capacity of marriage certificate from?

I don't live or work in India at all.

@M Ali65 Unfortunately, the Canadian Embassy in Morocco that issues Eligibility to Marry License and Confirmation of Nationality is only for Canadian citizens. Understandably, the rights of Permanent Residents and the rights of Citizens are not the same and thereby the jurisdictions for you still fall under the Indian government and their consulates/embassies.

I am certain you will be required to go to the Indian Embassy in Morocco to get your marriage license, as Indian citizens on this thread have mentioned, and thus you should visit the Indian Embassy in Morocco website to find out more details about the appropriate documents. You can equally find out this information from an Indian Immigration consultant for a fee if you don't want to go through the hassle or wait contacting Embassies.

The list of documents for foreigners marrying in Morocco is pretty consistent, so there shouldn't be any difference except the name or number of documents you get from the Indian Embassy in Morocco and the documents or ID you need to provide to get them. An up-to-date Indian passport and your Canadian PR ID (for marrying in Morocco) should be fine. Don't quote me on this, but you may need to provide a certified (by a notary) letter of single status to obtain the Marry License from the Indian Embassy. That certified single status letter can be written by you and certified in Canada.

That said, all other documents can be from Canada, such as work certificate and religious denomination, but the birth certificate must be original from India, so if you don't have it, you should obtain it from there.

Keep in mind, you will still be required to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Rabat from the Indian Embassy in Morocco to get those documents stamped and of course, all non-Arabic documents translated in Arabic before submission to the court.

Thank you for replying. I appreciate it.

I currently have original birth certificate.  Original police clearance in French from Canada.  I am now planning to get the certificate that states I'm single and have no problem in getting married. I have that in a format. I will type my info in it and then get it notarized in canada and then stamp it from forgein global Affairs.i hope these are enough and Rest of documents I can get when I arrive in  morroco from Indian embassy.

Am I missing something? Please help just this Is so stressful.

@M Ali65 Police certificate in French? How did you obtain that? I would have to assume you live in Quebec. Nonetheless, while it doesn't matter for smaller cities, make sure that document is the official document stamped by the RCMP (you can get that through 3rd party background check agencies - you get the one that states you are doing it for work in a foreign country related reasons). And that document technically is supposed to go to Global Affairs in Ottawa to be authorized. I have heard some brothers have avoided this step and even avoided getting the RCMP stamped police check and opted for the local police check (which they got notarized by a notary in Canada), but at the same time, they submitted their documents in small towns which generally don't care or check to make sure it is the correct document.

Ministry of Global Affairs in Ottawa and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Rabat are not the same. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Rabat that you search on Maps is not the place you go to get documents stamped. If you are marrying in the Northern cities, Tangier has an office to serve people specifically in the Northern regions, while the rest of the country is served by Rabat. You only go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Rabat (search وزارة الخارجية مكتب المصادقة على التوقيعات on Gmaps) for the documents you obtain from the Indian Embassy to be stamped, and you go again after you finish all the process and get the final court approved document from the Adoul or you take the marriage contract that the Adoul writes to the court and then take that document to be stamped in Rabat.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Rabat that you search on Maps is not the place you go to get documents stamped. If you are marrying in the Northern cities, Tangier has an office to serve people specifically in the Northern regions, while the rest of the country is served by Rabat.

I married in a Northern city, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Rabat didn't ask me which city I was getting married. I was in and out in 15 minutes, no questions asked. Once you get required papers from your Embassy in Rabat, you can immediately go to the Ministry in Rabat before 4pm and get those papers legalized.

@Hananec  please could you help me i need to ask some question. Moroccan and want to marry an indian man so he asked me about the procedure so i need help with the first steps if u can give me your number or just answer me here please i need ur help ...

@notbrandonsaad

salam brother

i am indian muslim living in uae for many years and going to morocco to marry in 1 month so i heard that indian embassy in rabat do not issue capacity to marriage (single hood) document

is this correct ? If so then i cannot get it from india as i did not live in india and for 3 year did not go there

may be rabat embassy india issue such certificate still

or should i apply such certificate from indian embassy in uae

please let ne know urgently or if any indian recently marry in morocco and get this certificate of capacity to marry please tell me

thanks

Walailkum salaam

Do not make the mistake of travelling to Morocco without all documents as required by the moroccan family court

No Indian embassy in Rabat will not provide you capacity of marriage certificate embassy of india in Rabat will only provide you with birth cum nationality certificate in French, for the capacity of marriage certificate you can visit Indian embassy in dubai if they don't accept to issue then you have to travel to India to get it done as this is the most important document for getting married in Morocco

You will need 1 capacity of marriage certificate 2 PCC or police clearance certificate  3 proof of income 4 certificate of birth cum nationality in French 5 criminal background check by the ministry of justice in Rabat

Capacity of marriage certificate and pcc must be apostilled by the ministry of external affairs India

And for the capacity of marriage and pcc I don't think one month is enough to complete if you are planning to travel to Morocco for marriage within a month from now

@Mizanurdonia

hi,

can you please guide me how to obtain all documents in india to marrie a moroccon girl.

and what documents are required please list of it and how to obtain with examples please. It will help every Indian national to obtain before departing to morocco

i will be very thankful for you duidance and support

Dear all,

I need help advise and guidance to obtain all documents which required to marries a Moroccan girl in Morocco.

I am an Indian and got visa for Morocco to go and perform marriage, but I got to know just today that there are some documents require before travel to Morocco.

to be honest, I don't have any idea but after reading some post got a little information.

please help me and guide me how to obtain all documents such as

1. capacity of marriage certificate with stamp of apostille - how to obtain and from to obtain in india any legal services or something I don't know
  2. PCC - does it require any stamp on it once I got?
  3. birth certificate - does it require any stamp on it once I got ?

except these mentioned above any other document required?

kindly do reply any one I will be very greatlful and thankful of you

@Mamkc  hi can you give watsap number pls

Allamdullah i get married with my Moroccan wife this year 2022

@Mizanurdonia

please can you share with me how you get the mariage capacity because the Indian consulate in Rabat confirmed that they don't deliver it

For indian citizens the Indian embassy in Rabat will not provide capacity of marriage or any other documents of its kind, indian embassy will only issue you a birth cum nationality certificate in French on the letter head of the Indian embassy based on the information of your passport which is also required by the moroccan family court,

However other nationals can get capacity of marriage and other documents required for marriage in Morocco for example my Turkish friend who is holding passport of Netherlands he went to his embassy in Rabat and the embassy provided him within two hours all the documents required for marriage in Morocco

@Khalid Jaffar

Good day !

first of all Congratulations for marriage and wish you for all happiness I have one question what documents require for marriage and who can provide easily

Allamdullah i get married with my Moroccan wife this year 2022
-@Khalid Jaffar

first of all Congratulations for marriage wish you all for happiness 😊 can I talk with you personally by phone what's app please

@Mamkc

ASALAMUALAYKUM,  kindly share your what's app number, I am also planning to marry a Moroccon lady

Hello shafkat10,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that the member Mamkc is no longer active on the forum.

Also, for the benefit of all members, we encourage the sharing of any information to be done on the forum itself1f609.svg

Thanks,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Mizanurdonia Hello bro My name is Zaki khan from New Delhi India and living in Rabat since 2011. Are you still in Morocco or india.*****

Moderated by Yoginee last year
Reason : For security reasons, do not share phone numbers on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct