Next Steps after family reunification in norway is granted

Hi to everyone

I just want to ask some questions after being granted a visa for family reunification what are the next steps i have to do ? I filed my papers last Feb 15,2017 and i just called the embassy in Taguig they said that i can bring back my passport to them so they can put the visa and bring one passport size photo.

I am married to a Filipino permanent resident in Norway.  I asked the embassy if i can fly right away to Norway  and the lady who i spoke to told me I should contact Commission on Filipinos Overseas  first because they are the ones who knows regarding leaving the country.

Do i still have to attend the pre departure registration  and orientation seminars  in the Commission of  Filipino Overseas? I dont know what part i am included is it filipinos leaving a country with immigrant visa or filipino spouses and partners of foreign nationals?

What type of visa does Norway put In the passport.? Is it an immigrant visa or it has a specific type of visa for spouse family reunification?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot

Hi, you will need to attend the CFO seminar and get the certificate and sticker as proof that you attended and completed it. Without the CFO sticker, you will not be able to pass immigration even with a plane ticket.
Your visa will be a D visa, you will need to report to the Police station to report your arrival and apply for your residence card. I still have limited knowledge but I am sure more people here have better experience and will be able to guide you better.

Thank you . I tried calling the number posted in the their website (CFO) but everytime i call it just rang and they hang up right away.  Do they need a copy of the marriage certificate because Im married in the united states and the original document i gave it to the VFS when i submitted my application.  I only have a photocopy of my marriage certificate.

I would suggest that you go through their website and book an appointment. The seminar is usually from 9am to 12 then you will need to wait for your certificate and sticker. Bring 2 valid IDs, copy of marriage contract and your passport. Below is their website.
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html

All of the requirements are also stated there :-)

Thanks for your quick reply.

Last question im married to a Filipino citizen who just happen to be a permanent resident in Norway Do i still have to attend the seminar i tried answering the questions before booking online and the first two questions i answered no because im married to a filipino citizen and my spouse is still a filipino citizen only working in norway.   

I saw in the cfo website that the guidance and counseling program for filipino fiance/spouses is for foreign national or former filipino or for does who have dual citizenship.

Im a little worried because it says on the website gcp-aapointment.cfo.gov.ph if the first two number questions answered No then you do not need to undergo the GCP. 

If anyone knows what to do please help me. Thank you.

Maybe you can shoot them an email stating your case. In case immigration requires it, you will have a proof that they said you do not need it anymore. Make your inquiry in writing so you will always have a tangible proof to show.

Hi to all.

Can anyone help me? I applied family reunification visa in Norway and went back here in Philippines to wait my visa to be approve.
And last Saturday, I got an approval decision from UDI. My question is, do I need to call Norway embassy in Taguig to make an appointment or I can just go there and get my entry visa to Norway.

Thank you in advance! :)

It would be wise to call or email them for the next step because your visa needs to be stamped on your passport before you can travel back to Norway. You also need to undergo seminar at gcp if necessary. Stamping takes 1-2 days I think..

Where is gcp? What kind of seminar is it?

GCP stands for Guidance and Counselling Program held by the Bureau of Immigrations for those who are migrating due to marriage/ partnership. You can read more about it in their website. http://www.cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html
The certificate and sticker obtained from this seminar will be crucial when you leave the Philippines as it will be required in the immigration/security check at the airport.

Ooh! Thanks! I already have my certificate and will get my sticker after I get my entry visa.

But I only wonder if I should make an appointment to Embassy to get a stamp/my entry visa OR I can just go in embassy (No appointment) ???

Hi, yes CFO will ask for your original copy of your marriage cert

my immigrant visa is for the family reunification with category D. do i need to secure guidance and counseling program certificate from cfo manila?

@jeg_er_mj

Hello, can I ask about CFO and GCP? I'm done attended with all of this but I don't pay after because my norwegian husband before is so angry at me after he found out that I went to seminar. I explained to him everything but he said no because i don't need anything. He live in svalbard Norway and there law is different. So i run go back to our hotel April 10, 2017...I have all the documents until now since we came here in Norway svalbard. My problem now is I am in the mainland of norway due to have bad situation at my husband. I was now waiting for  the result from UDI to give me humanitarian visa for me and my kids.