Advantages and disadvantages being an expat

hi forrumers, im new here:D , im interested to know how expat feels when they are abroad, i think some of you guys must be enjoying and some of you might not, right!

why not let's share your opinions here on the advantages and disadvantages or pros and cons of being an expat!!!

to make it simple , just an options
you may list it down like this :-
Advantages:-
-
-
-

disadvantages:-
-
-
-

anything will do actually, just an options!:D

happy forumming
make it happening:P

and nice to meet all of u guys!!!;)

regards,
gymnast

Hello, welcome to the site.

Here's a couple of immediate thoughts.

Pros - Being able to see and experience different cultures and ways of life. Broadening the mind.

Cons - Feeling as though you'll never quite belong abroad (because you are different to the local people) or even at home (because, if you stay abroad for long enough, everyone else moves on and you are left behind).

I could give you a few specific examples of pros and cons of Kuwait but that's my general thought on being an expat.

Sinbad wrote:

Cons - Feeling as though you'll never quite belong abroad (because you are different to the local people) or even at home (because, if you stay abroad for long enough, everyone else moves on and you are left behind).

Personally I feel much more different at "home" (provided home means something to me) than where I live because I move on while everyone else is left behind.

When I see them identical to what they were years ago while I've lived many new experiences I'm glad I moved!

Meet other expats and join the events

OR