Free and low-cost leisure activities in Slovakia

Hello,

We invite you to share some information regarding leisure activities that are free or low-cost in Slovakia. This information will give future expats (or even current expats) an idea regarding some of leisure activities that they might not be aware of.

Is there a way to find out about free or low-cost fun activities in Slovakia, such as a specific app, or a newsletter, or magazine, tourism board, etc.? How do you find out where events are organised?

What are the most common free leisure activities in Slovakia?
Which free activities do you recommend for children, for teenagers, for adults, and for seniors?

Are there certain days where access to paid activities are offered at a lower price or even for free, such as museum entry, or exhibitions, or a theme park, etc.?

How do you maximise your leisure activities in the most cost-effective manner?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

How do you find out where events are organised? 
- Frankly speaking, I just check the sme.sk ( let me know if you know other way )

What are the most common free leisure activities in Slovakia?
-Well.. Slovakia is famous for the natural. The hiking is free. Other than that, all requires entrance fees. OR go to collect the wild mushroom in the forest.  HARDLY FIND ANYTHING FREE IN SLOVAKIA. (my opinion)

Are there certain days where access to paid activities are offered at a lower price or even for free, such as museum entry, or exhibitions, or a theme park, etc.?
- NO.

How do you maximize your leisure activities in the most cost-effective manner?
- The evening walk along the river , biking, skating. T:D
OR find some empty spot nearby the village for free skiing if you do not have any budget to High Tatras (bring your own ski equipment).