Permanent residence after divorce tejected

After trying to renew my residence card for a permanent I've been rejected
As family of union citizen, she left NL 11 months later but we divorced 3 years and 3 months later.
InD stated that residence status end when she left. How lucky will I be on my appeal.

With fulltime undefinetly contract in NL

Hi and sorry to read about your circumstances.

You've not been that clear, but if I've understood you correctly, you're from the Dominican Republic and you married an EU citizen (Dutch?) and moved to Holland.  Your relationship ended in divorce and she left Holland at some stage before that.  You currently have a job, but your permit has now expired and your application for permanent residence has been turned down because you no longer have the status that would qualify you to remain?

I've gone through the IND website and it looks like the moment you divorced your wife, you lost your right to remain in the Netherlands;  further, your right to work in Holland (or anywhere else in the EU) was totally dependent on the status of your wife as an EU citizen; once she was gone, so did your right to work.  I can't find anything that gives you a way around this.

Sounds like you need some legal advice; maybe a lawyer knows a way around this.

Sorry, I couldn't be more positive.

Cynic
Expat Team

We actually separate one year after we came to Netherlands she is free m cz rep.   We married on 2012, We arrived jan 2013 and we separated  January 2014. And we divorced may 2015. But IND said once she left on 2014 I lost the right to stay.  Now im planning to appeal the decision.
  Lawyer is reading the IND letters of rejection. But i have been working almost 5 year with fulltime permanent job.
If appealing dos not work i will try to see if my work place can sponsor my residence status.

Any idea or  suggestion??

We did not separen but she most go back to cz. Rep due family matter but she unregistered because I also was going to move to another city.  For IND we separated we relationship terminating my status.

Sorry to hear this; we don't often get cases like this.  Best of luck on your journey.

Cynic
Expat Team