New members of the Croatia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Croatia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Croatia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi Guys!

I am new to this forum. I am currently a U.S citizen that is looking to move to Croatia with my girlfriend of 10 years. I am originally from Bosnia, but my family heritage is mainly Croatian and Serbian.

We plan on moving to Zagreb where we have a few family members.

I would love any suggestions on where I should look for a job in Zagreb. I am a registered CPA in the U.S so I would like to find a job in the accounting/finance field.

Hello, we move to Split on Oct 2nd, We have arrange an apartment in Znjan. We have a bank account and OIBs.OH my wife is Croatian so we only really need moving advice.

Hello, I am a South African filmmaker and photographer who visited Croatia in February/March with the intention of emigrating. It was as wonderful as friends described , so now I'm back in SA planning to relocate in September.

I'm researching the most appropriate visa to apply for. While in Croatia a person offered me a position in his travel agency. We started the process to obtain a work visa. But his demands and the situation became completely unrealistic, so I stopped the process. Which means I'm on the government records now. To now apply for a 3 month tourist visa, might be frowned upon.

I hear this week about possibly being part of the team working on a documentary video. Unpaid position. So it seems that a volunteer visa might be the best visa to apply for. I can arrange a loan in SA to pay for the rent, health care and minimum amount needed to get the temporary stay permit.

Any other suggestions or anyone who obtained this visa?  Your input will be much appreciated. I've lived and travelled all over the world, but I really want to settle in this magical country.

Hvala!

Like you I'm from an non-EU country. Last year we were able to obtain temporary residency via a one-year lease and this year we are on a volunteer visa (I'm in the midst of my citizenship application now since my father was Croatian).

The organization has to be non-profit in order to accept volunteers—I know this because a friend with a co-working space was willing to accept us as volunteers but I ended up going with an Udruga instead.

Good luck with your quest!

thanks, a quest indeed!  that is important information. i'll contact them immediately. good luck with your citizenship!

I am planning to move to Zagreb, Croatia from India. I have lots of questions and doubts about Croatia. Is any Indian here whom I can contact and ask all my questions and doubts.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi

I am setting up a base in Zagreb spending approximately 4 weeks at a time there and a week back home in South Africa. My company Kevali Chemical Group based in South Africa has partnered with a Croatian Company called Frag which is based in Zagreb.  My first stint starts on 10th September 2018. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Dan Pillay

My name is Jerry.
I am here in Croatia as a missionary. I like to say that I am a spiritual coach.
I am here with my wife. We have been here for 5 years.

I am very interested in connecting with other expats. Let's have coffee. I would love to find out more about you. We may be useful to one another.

You can look me up on Facebook, Jerry Low (in Croatia)

Thanks, Jerry

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=829936

Thanks!

Closed