New members of the Croatia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Croatia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Croatia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Thanks for the welcome. I live in Split and find it challenging to buy an apartment anywhere in Croatia with my status as a temporary resident. “Nema problema” problems are like water, not only does it flow over, under, sideways but even through rocks, it provides solutions. So I would like to know if any temporary resident who wish to own an apartment in Croatia, & faced with similar barriers to mine, would participate in forming a Trust? The Trust will then invite a Croatian land owner to join the unit Trust or a hybrid Trust and this trust then issue units to the value for example €5,000 or 10,000 each. Build apartments on the land owned by the Trust and unit holders with enough units equivalent to the value of the apartments become “ owners of the apartment. Any legal professionals with knowledge of registering Trusts?

Newbie here, from Philippines. i am currently living here in Split with my fiancee. I just wanna ask if there is a Filipino Community somewhere here in Croatia? TIA.

Ciao everyone! I am new to Croatia! I am originally from Hong Kong and moved to Pula about two months ago to live with my boyfriend. I lived most of my life in Hong Kong, yet  I also lived in Seoul, South Korea and London before. I thought I'd be able to settle here pretty easily as I lived in different countries. Perhaps, being used to big cities with sufficient transport systems and entertaining lifestyles, I am finding it super difficult to fit in here. I really wish to make some friends here so we can support each other getting through difficulties settling down! I speak fluent English, mandarin, cantonese as well as Korean, so if you're from anywhere and new to Pula and speak one of the above languages, may we drink a coffee and get to know each other? x

Hi!!
Welcome Croatia
I am Indian boy and work in Zagreb.
I moved here from Dubai.
I worked in Dubai for 7 years.
Now I am working in Travel agency in Zagreb and staying Zagreb too.
Its pretty country.
Nice to meet all of you😊

Hello other retired expats living in Split.  We arrived on April 1 and found an awesome apartment in a few days with the help of a realtor.  Have applied to stay for 1+ years and will have final approval around May 5th.  Linda was an interior decorator and Dave was a child psychologist.  We travel to another country about once a month as well as traveling to see the rest of Croatia.  We would love to meet you and start up new friendships.  We live 1 mile from Diocletian's Palace.  Look forward to hearing from you and meeting up for coffee or a pivo.

Hi,
I am an American, have lived in Croatia (Island of Vis) since 1999. I wrote a book on my experiences here and love to share experiences with other expats. My book is "AS THE TREE FELL, the history and reunion of our Croatian immigrant family and the Joys and challenges  of retirement on Vis."  I am a retired primary teacher, and farmed walnuts in California and my husband and I raise avocados on Vis. Looking for English speaking friends.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880405

Thanks!

Closed