New members of the Croatia forum, introduce yourselves here – June to December 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Croatia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Croatia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Croatia forum, introduce yourselves here continues below!

Hi all,
We are new to this forum and planning to move to Croatia, October 2017. 
We are born and raised California, retired and ready to move. We are looking at Istria area or Split. (Istria, feeling like we could learn Italian to survive).  We plan to keep it simple: do not need employment, and renting a furnished apartment. We have met with the Croatian Consulate in Los Angelos; she provided us the Temperary Residence Application.   She was very helpful and insinuated that we would have no reason to be denied, but we can not help but be a little concerned about this process.
We have no contacts, friends or family in Croatia so ANY advise on preferred area, acquiring a vehicle,  temperary residency, health insurance etc...would be appreciate.
Thanks Howie and Wendy

Hello!  Also new to this forum. I am from NY and have been living and working as a Chiropractor in Pula and throughout Istria for the past 5 years.  Happy to answer any questions you have.

Hi, I'm also from California and recently settled in Split after going back and forth between the Adriatic and Sarajevo for close to a year. Because my Croatian origins are from Herzegovina and my husband is Bosnian we've decided to use a lawyer to process our paperwork.

The key to applying for temporary residence is actually having a lease for one year.

Good luck and feel free to reach out. There are a couple of friendly Croatia-related Facebook groups, too.

Hello,

I am from the Dominican Republic and just moved to Croatia two weeks ago to join my husband who came here to work back in April 2017.

We are looking to meet new people, make friends.

Since I am new in the country, I would appreciate any information provided related to the lifestyle, finding jobs etc.

Cheers!
Anabel

Hello Dave, Lucy and Anabele
The plan is to arrive October 19, we will need all the help and friends we can get.  We will utilize AirBB or something similar until a permanent rental can be secured (hoping that will go smooth). 
Lucy, we will defiantly be reaching out to you for a referral  if an attorney is necessary. 
Thank you all for responding, our new adventure is exciting and scary, all at the same time. 
Hopefully we can connect and create new friendships when we get to beautiful Croatia.
Howie and Wendy

Hello

My husband and I are wanting to re-locate to Croatia and set up our business there. We are going to visit Zagreb and Zadar in Jan 2018  and then again later in the year. Would love to preferably settle somewhere on the coast or near Zagreb wherever is best to do our business.  We also have 2 cats that we will bring with us.
Will keep checking posts for relevant information.
Sheridan

Hi,
I'm looking for my former girlfriend who is from Zagreb and wonder if anyone can help? We dated in college in the US and were together several years. She left to visit family in Zagreb during which time we disconnected after a huge fight. I don't necessarily want to make contact with her because of the way things ended. I'm just hoping i can find out that she's well and happy. I'll be glad to tell more of my story if that might generate some help. Any thoughts?

I've tried all the social media and other online searches but I'm hoping someone there might have some better ideas?

I apologize for intruding on this forum, if anyone knows a more appropriate forum for this type of thing, please let me know.

poor Mike....chhhhh

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751298

Thanks!

Closed