Hello to all expats in Croatia!

Mia and I are in somewhat of a conundrum in regards to our situation. We are both US citizens (Mia got citizenship 2 years ago). I am 70 and Mia is 61, both in good health.

She is from SW China where we have built our home and I have been there the past 18 years (me). In Jan 2020 we flew back to the US due to my Dad's passing where I had to deal with all things related. 4 days after arriving, the world shut down and since then we are locked out of returning home to China and having to live in the US waiting for when we can return. In lieu of recent events it appears that we may not get back for another couple of years, and frankly right now don't really want to go back.

After 3 years in CA living out of a suitcase, we decided to leave the US, as things here are getting bad as well.

Our plans include visiting Croatia for 3 months. Dubrovnik, Split and Rovinj are our 3 choices for AirBnb's. After studying more on Croatia, it may be a place we would like to extend our stay, maybe a year or so while we watch what goes on in China.

We are homesick, especially Mia being away from her family so long now, but it appears we have to live the nomad life a while longer.

I'm sure I will have some questions to you all as I look over posts here in this forum. I hope we can get some help and advice going forward.

Cheers, Jack and Mia