New members of the Croatia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Croatia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Croatia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hey guys!

I'm planning on moving to Rijeka sometime next year with my boyfriend (Croatian) and would love to know a few things about formalities upon arrival and job situation in Rijeka. I'm fluent in Polish and English and I just started learning Croatian so hopefully, I would be able to have a proper conversation once I move.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Marta,

First, I hope you and your BF are safe during these crazy days.

I might be of help, Just moved here shortly before the lockdown - Moved in with my wife (Croatian) so we went through a dozen of formalities and so.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I'll be happy to walk you through our experience.

All the best

Good day Ladies and Gents of this forum.

Myself and my wife are planning to immigrate to Croatia from South Africa. We are both born in South Africa thus require citizenship in Croatia.
Where would we start and what is the correct procedure to follow to make sure our process does not get hold up with a lot of red tape. Maybe if someone can recommend a company that deals with immigration.
I work as a Bargemaster in India thus would not require a work visa. My wife is a seamstress and has her own baby clothing line. She would like to start a shop in Croatia. I have a boat rental company in South Africa which I would like to relocate to Croatia but I see there is a few rental companies so not sure if it will be viable.
We would like to visit end of the year and use this opportunity to meet and greet as much people that may be able to assist us in moving to Croatia and set all wheels in motion with the authorities so we can start our relocation process.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I thank you and look forward to your reply.
Kevin and Natasja

Hello fellow nomads :)
I am a Croat who has wanted to live in Holland since 2011 when I studied there for three months. I would love to live in Arnhem or a similar area, even though I am aware of the current COVID19 situation in the country. I am a journalist and an MBA by vocation working mostly as editor/reviewer/writer etc. Reach out if you need any info or accommodation in Croatia, I have a ton of questions about Holland :) Stay safe and one love <3

Hi hany
I'm Amro an Egyptian student & I want ur help to move to Croatia for study Croatian language in cla O may be in Croatia within a month I need ur advise
Thanks Amro

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=915949

Thanks!

Closed