5 star hotel in downtown Bangkok

Hi there,

I am looking for a centrally location 4 or 5 star hotel in downtown Bangkok, near the best shopping malls, temples, food and markets etc for Christmas.  Will be travelling as a family with young kids. Many high end hotels are currently offering prices from $50 to $60 which is perfect for us.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

I don't know of any high end hotels in your price range in the area you specify.  Even off season is double what you want to pay.

I live in Bangkok on Sukhumvit Road near Phrom Phong BTS sky train station.  It is a very nice area with two high-end name brand 7-story malls, one on each side of road called Emporium & Quartier.  Great location.

1 station away is Asoke and there is a nice multi-level mall there called Terminal 21. There are some 5-star hotels are near Asoke, but if you're looking for $50 to $60 price range, you will have to lower your standards to 3 & 4-star hotels. A few names for you to google close to Asoke are; Galleria 12, The Key, Sukhumvit Suites & The Continent... I've stayed in all. The nicest out of those 4 is The Continent which is about $90 to $120 USD per night. You may get the Galleria 12 & The Key for about $60 to $80 USD per night depending on demand. Just search google maps for hotels near Terminal 21, Asoke or Phrom Phong on Sukhumvit Road.

The taxis are cheap from airport about $10 USD to get to Asoke, Terminal 21 or Phrom Phong area. The sky train is cheap 16 THB or 50 cents US to go from station to station, there are malls and hotels at each BTS station along Sukhumvit Road. It is the main road. If you're more than 1 person, you can hop in taxi for about the same as sky train to go 1 station over, but sometimes takes a little longer with traffic.

Bangkok is huge, so there are many other areas that have hotels & shopping, it just depends on what part of the city you want to stay. The areas mentioned above are the ones that I know...

H guys. Thanks a lot for your help. Finally I booked a hotel on Sukhumvit near Terminal 21, a 3.5 star hotel for $57 and it looks quite nice and has great reviews on TripAdvisor.

I started to worry because we only last night decided to postpone our trip to Seoul and Tokyo till Easter, and decided on Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok for Christmas. And this morning many of the hotels in Bangkok were quickly being fully booked. So matter solved, and again thanks to you both for your advice.

Www.mrroomfinder.com
Why pay for a hotel room when you can rent a luxury condo or apartment for the same price or cheaper.

Hi , it is worthwhile to check out this one The Capital Hotel at Sukhumvit 30/1.

Guys I already booked a hotel. Reason we chose a hotel rather than Airbnb is the service. Btw, usually when we travel we stay at Airbnb and hotels. But for Bangkok we prefer to stay in a hotel.

Thanks to all for your advice.