Life in Canada as New Immigrant.

Hi everybody,

I moved to Canada on January 28th, 2011 and I have to tell you so far it has been good. Please read my blog for my story and information that you might need when you go to canada.

Do not listen to people that say that Canada is not a good place to live. It is a beatiful country.

my blog is new-immigrant-in-canada.blogspot.com/

I hope that everybody gets their visas!

Enrique

Hi and welcome on Expat.com Enrique :)

Maybe you could participate on the forum and if you have useful information share them with others ;)
Don't hesitate.

Regards
Armand

hi,my brother is there 9years ago i am trying to immigrate iam vetrenarian,my husband is pharmaciest but:alot of people said it is too hard to live there ....do you feel that?.i wish u good luck.:)

rofia

Hi everybody,

Rofia- it all depends how you manage your money and what your plans are. I can tell you that my current budget is $1,700b a month but it could be lower. I have decided to allocate allowances for my wife, my son and me as well as an amount for cloths and entertainment wich all together adds up to $270 a month. My rent is $759 a month including utilities and I spend around $100 on gas and the most expensive is the car insurance which at the moment is $184 a month. If I take the allowance amounts I can probably live with $1,430 a month which is not hard to make this kind of money to live. Now consider that I live in Windsor which is a lot cheaper than Toronto.

Check my blogs for more information

http://windsorinformation.blogspot.com/http://new-immigrant-in-canada.blogspot.com/

Enrique

thanks alot....

Hi Enrique

Thanks for all the efforts taken, your life story is really inspiring. Even I am in a bad situation since an year, but your biography gave me that additional confidence to conquer difficulties in life.

Regards
Reni

Generally is life in Canada expensive compared to France?

hi reniaba,

I am so glad that my story inspires you. That is what I wanted to do. Help people to become the best that they can be. If you ever need any encouragement please always check my blog and you can even  email me at [email protected]

"You can do, be and have everything that you want" Dr. Joe Vitale.

Enrique

Reniaba, Canada is a wonderful place. Very clean and safe but please keep in mind that most foreign credentials such as pharmacist and veterinarians do not transfer here. It is very important to know if you will be recognized.

credentials.gc.ca/

i dont know but most of my friends are pharmacist and immigrate to canada!!!

Respected Enrique,

I read your blog, it was very helpful. I am planning to migrate to Canada in July this year and after reading your blog, considering Windsor as a option. I need some more info on Windsor, Please can you give me your personal mail id so that I can mail you my details and all.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jitender Verma
India

My mail id is :  [email protected]

Dear Enrique:

I find your words pretty usefull. I am planning to go to Canada. But I am not clear enough how to get there. I mean, How do you apply. What kind of visa do you get at the first time. How hard or easy was to obtain it. Please can you guide me just at the begining, since you were in your native country?
Thank you,

Carls

Hey guys,

I am hoping to move to Canada in the next few months, just need to sort out the visa first. I have recently returned to Ireland after working in Dubai for 6 years.

Hello Tinsh :)

Welcome to Expat.com!

Regards
Armand

enrique32 wrote:

Hi everybody,

I moved to Canada on January 28th, 2011 and I have to tell you so far it has been good. Please read my blog for my story and information that you might need when you go to canada.

Do not listen to people that say that Canada is not a good place to live. It is a beatiful country.

my blog is new-immigrant-in-canada.blogspot.com/

I hope that everybody gets their visas!

Enrique

Hi Enrique,

According to the law, Canadians in Ontario are entitled for only 10 personal/sick days which only 2 are paid and rest are unpaid. They only get 10 vacation days(also the pay is less than regular pay) after 1 year of employment.

In this case
1.What would be a typical day look like for a person who is working full time?

2.Do people have enough time to spend with family and have personal time(may be read a book or go to a movie) apart from work on daily basis?

3.With the limited number of leaves (also the granted leaves are unpaid) do people take leaves? Will it be possible to take a leave to care for a sick family member(I assume that would be unpaid)?

4. Can a person take vacation to go abroad for about a month in once in may be two years?

5.How do people tend to have a work life balance?

I want to know more about work life balance, because I'm wondering how people manage their activities(visiting doctors, go see a game of the children, cook a meal with family, read a book, travel some destination etc.. ) apart from work, with the limited leave options.
I have a doubt whether people have only 1 or 2 hours(before going to sleep) in the evening to spend with the family after work and how they take care of the family if someone got sick(because of limited leaves).
Work life balance is really important for me when taking the decision about moving to Canada. Appreciate your support as a person who lives in Toronto for a long time.