Can I extend my working holiday to something more?

I am a Canadian engaged to a Dane. In the long run we both plan to move to Canada, however in the short to mid term, we're looking at me moving there while she works for awhile and gets some experience and education under her belt. Now as far as I can tell, I do not qualify for anything other than a travel visa. I am not a graduate of any university or college, and am just an average joe working at some fairly basic jobs.

While the WH looks like just the thing for me, it only lasts for a maximum of one year. I don't know if we'll be in a situation to make the move to Canada within a year, and being separated from my to-be wife and being sent back overseas while we work out her transition here would be painful. Particularly if I'm doing well in Denmark and would like to stay longer, which has been the case with every trip there I've made.

So I'm curious about what options I'd have to extent my stay in Denmark. Is it possible to advance a working holiday into a work visa or something if I get a job while over there? Would getting married to my fiance over there, as we plan on, help me get a foot in the door? What options do I have here?

You shall not expect a holiday visa will be a shortcut to a work visa.

Why not ask New to Denmark about your possibilities?
https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/contact … dalrir.htm

Otherwise, I would say one thing at the time. In your situation, a holiday visa would be a great starting point.

/Nellie