Travel to other EU countries with Danish Visa and CPR

Hey all,

Interesting conundrum, as per title, and I can't find much from the  almighty Google...

So I already have a Danish visa (Looks like a Schengen. Shows as "Danmark" in my passport).

Its a type D long stay (180 days) visa.

I also have my CPR number, but not yet my actual card.

Can I travel to other EU / Schengen countries using these details, or would I need another visa to go to Poland, Sweden or Finland for example?

It's fairly urgent, so if anyone can shoot with a response I'd appreciate it.


The Google supplies> … isa-rules/

I\ll quote this section from the page which answered my own question:

"If you have a valid passport and a valid residence permit for a Schengen country or a valid Schengen visa, you do not need a visa to visit the Schengen countries.

You can travel as a tourist for a period of up to 90 days within a 180 days period. This means that if you have a valid Schengen visa, it is also valid in Denmark or if you have a Swedish residence permit you can also visit Denmark.

Be aware that Greenland and the Faroe Islands are not a part of Schengen and you therefore need a special visa to visit these places."


I am in the same situation, we have applied for a permit (my partner is a Dane).
I have permission to stay in Denmark while the process the application. Also have gone to the embassy and got the Visa in my passport. Of course now my new visa shows Denmark and not Schengen as previous!

We will be going to Poland in January, and was also wondering how to do that, or which route to follow

New topic