I tried this recipe and want to share.....

Not wishing to detract from the thread by Pimpthatfood (who has recently become my new foodie hero),  I was wondering if a thread for recipe sharing might be a popular idea.  Obviously, the peeps of the forum would need to be happy about it.  What are your thoughts?

Adminstrator/moderators, would this be ok?
:)

Hi lucyanya :)

I think it's a brilliant idea and everyone would be glad about it ;)
We could stick the thread on the forum too and i'm sure it will get many responses!

Thanks
Armand

I Love lucyanya! :)Good idea guys!

i can also give you some arab recipe if you like ... really you will like it :)

Hassan,

Fire away, I can't wait...yum yum.

:P

OK, I'll go first....:rolleyes:

Left over tatties

If you have some left over baby potatoes.....

Roughly slice a large onion, chop some garlic, sweat in a saucepan with a little olive oil, salt and rough ground black pepper.

When soft, add tomatoes, if you are posh use fresh, if not, throw in a tin of chopped toms.  Then add fresh minced chilli (quantity to taste)and mix.  Bring to boil then simmer very gently until sauce consistency has broken down.  Cut the left over potatoes into approx halves, throw them in pan.  Once heated through (10 mins ish), serve.

Lovely hot as a side dish with chicken, fish, homemade burgers, salad.  Or cold with a salad or on a picnic.

Most of my recipes are made up from left overs, I hate waste (or maybe I'm just tight....:|  This is very simple and not very imaginative but good in an emergency, it also freezes well.

Hope you like it.
:D

I just tried this and OMG  sooooooooooo yummy

Roman Stew
Stuffatina Alla Romana

* Preparation Time: 30 minutes
    * Cooking Time: 3 hours
    * Serves: 8
    * Calories: 287 per serving

Ingredients

* 4 Tsps/20ml Oil, Olive
    * 3 Rashers/42g Bacon, Streaky, Rashers
    * 3lb/1362g Beef, Steak, Rump, Raw, Lean
    * 250ml Wine, Red
    * 100g Tomato Puree
    * 240g Celery
    * 1 Tbsp/10ml Juice, Lemon, Fresh
    * 4 Cloves/12g Garlic
    * 1 Cube/7g Stock Cubes, Beef
    * 1 Tsp/2g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground

Method

This Roman beef stew is truly delicious and its long cooking time deserves a big pot full. It freezes well, so no need to worry about any extra portions.

Cut the bacon into small pieces, cut the beef into 1 inch cubes and crush the garlic.

Heat the olive oil in a large heavy pan and gently fry the bacon until golden.

Add the beef and fry over a high heat, stirring frequently, until browned.

Pour the wine over the beef and bring to the boil. Keep it bubbling until the liquid has reduced by half.

Finely chop 3 sticks of the celery and add to the pot. Stir in the tomato puree, lemon juice, garlic and black pepper.

Add the stock cube to 1 pint of boiling water to make a stock. Pour enough of this into the pot to just cover the meat, and set the rest aside.

Cover the pot and gently simmer for three hours, checking once in a while and topping up with more of the stock if necessary - to keep meat covered.

30 minutes before the end of the cooking time, cut the rest of the celery into 2 inch pieces, blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain and add to the stew.

Tip - Stuffatina tastes even better if you make it a day in advance and refrigerate.

Serve piping hot with Tagliatelle.

I used smoked collar bacon as its less fatty.

ENJOY
x