Online shopping in Cameroon

Hello everyone,

Shopping online can be far more convenient and offer greater choice than going into shops, be it grocery shopping or retail.

Are there options for online shopping in Cameroon? Which sites or apps do you use most frequently and are these local or international?

Are there particular products that are cheaper to buy online or that are perhaps not available in Cameroon?

What is the delivery process like — is it easy to receive deliveries and what are the costs of shipping? Are there any taxes to pay upon receipt?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Apart from Jumia (which quality is questionable), i can't see any other online shopping website in Cameroon.

Comment tu peux dire ça mon site de vente de cosmétiques en ligne fonctionne plutôt bien ,tu sais ?

@Mily3

English please as this is an Anglophone forum. To post in another language go to the flag icon at the bottom of this page.

There are lots of online shopping sites in Cameroon especially grocery

especially kalabashs.com

Ok.sorry

could you tell us more especially for home use

Hey Priscilla actually online shops are based on WhatsApp then from there you can agree with vendor on the means of delivery.
If you don't mind I can refer you to one or two

Hello Prisca,

Online shopping in Cameroon is evolving.
First entrance player doing 100% online services have been challenged and were forced to close.
However we see new players coming from traditional  shop extending their business with online offer.
It works quite well with quality products. Consumer are starting to trust online market again.
You also need to note that the biggest chunk  of  online business  is done via facebook or whatsapp where the seller have a direct access to the customer.It can be convenient but it is difficult to scale.
We also noticed the creation of few market places in Cameroon. The online market is starting to pick up!
Personally, I use 2 websites: Glothelo.cm and oohlalashop.net
How about you?
What is your personnal experience?

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct