Estimate for a construction project in Bafia

Hello all,

I am currently in the US and I am new to the forum. Thank you for resourful site!

I am ready to start a construction project in cameroon in Bafia. I have a 30m by 20m land in there. I want to build two houses on the lot. Each of them would be a two bedroom one bathroom, one living room one kitchen. I want a fence built around the lot as well.

An online company I googled (Ecoconstruction) prices it around 20 million fcfa (which I managed to save).

Does that estimation sound reasonable to build two such side by side bungalows?

Any shared experience in construction in that area or in Yaounde would be appreciated.

Regards

Hi patcat87,

Welcome on board !

Please note that I have created a new thread from your post on the Cameroon forum so that you may get some feedback.

Have you contacted any builders yet ?

All the best,

Bhavna

Thank you!

I have contacted a company that does flat prices but since this is my first foray in contruction, I am not quite confidenct in the prices they are advertising.  That is why I am here.

You did right by posting on the forum !

I hope you get some feedback soon.

We had a couple of requests on the francophone forum as well.

Bhavna

@patcat87

i am a QS in Paarl South Africa and work extensively in Africa. I am busy with a construction project in Mt Febe Yaounde. The cost price is around €1200 - €1500 per m2 ex vat on my project

@patcat87  yes I think that sum is enough for this project.it's also almost the price of my lot go ahead

@patcat87
i am a QS in Paarl South Africa and work extensively in Africa. I am busy with a construction project in Mt Febe Yaounde. The cost price is around €1200 - €1500 per m2 ex vat on my project
-@mariki78

Good day,

are you building a 5 stars hotel or residence? Or are you building on a landscape? I think the price per meter square is high!!

But due to the fact that i don't know the situation of the field, i can't firmly disagree with the price.

You can DM me if you wan't to discuss more about it.

Abdoulay DJAM

Entrepreneur, Buildind and Publics Works consultant

SOCI SARL

Thank you!
I have contacted a company that does flat prices but since this is my first foray in contruction, I am not quite confidenct in the prices they are advertising. That is why I am here.
-@patcat87

Hello,

depending of the standing, your need and your budget for the project, the cost can be manage.

DM me, if you need to have another cotation in conformity with your need and your budget.

Abdoulay DJAM à MAGUEYA

Entrepreneur, Building and Publics Works Consultant

SOCI SARL

@mariki78  Thanks a bunch for the feedback. It seems based on that price range that I am getting the short end of the stick with the price quote I got. I have hired another contractor for another quote. I'll know about his final quote soon.

@mariki78 Thanks a bunch for the feedback. BSes 9n your price range it looks like I'm getting the short end of the stick. I'm waiting for another contractor's quote so I may see a little better what to do.

Hi patcat87,

Welcome on board !

Sincerely

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@patcat87 you may wish to work through an architect to get he project you need, specified. He can then follow the process with getting 2 or more estimates of contractors. what do you think?

@patcat87 van intruduce you with an Lawrence firl whi van give youvmore guidance aboutvyour project