Need to find English speaking expats in Cusco

I am looking for English speaking expats to assist me in finding a place to stay. I have limited Spanish language skills and limited computer skills. I want to retire to Peru but I do not know enough about the area to know where will fit me budget and where it is safe to live. I would appreciate some help. I plan on coming to the area next week.

Hi BobbieJoe,

My wife and I run a bed and breakfast outside of Cusco so we are normally busy with guests, but I would be happy to answer any questions that you might have and offer up advise where I can and if you need some assistance on a day that we are not busy, we would be glad to help out. There are a fair number of expats here in the Cusco region, but not as many as in Lima, and I believe the majority of them live in the Sacred Valley, but there are some in Cusco as well, not sure how many are here on expat.com though.

I think a little more information might be helpful, like how much time are you going to have? Is this going to be a case where you are coming for a few weeks to look and find a location, then return later to purchase/rent a place, or do you have an indefinite amount of time to find a place, move, settle in and stay. Also what kind of budget are you going to be working with and are you looking to purchase or rent something?

Cusco itself can be quite expensive, especially around the center, which I think is one reason that many of the expats live in the Sacred Valley, but while cheaper than Cusco, the Sacred Valley can still be overpriced due to tourism.

If you have a Facebook page, you could try the Cusco expats group, but I would be cautious of anyone on there offering sales or rentals, we have found that the expats will generally overcharge, especially when selling/renting to other expats or tourists.

Hi, We have a small hotel near Plaza de Armas in Cusco and are looking for a business partner ****

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : Please create an advert in the Peru classifieds > Business partners section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Rodrigo Lopez30

Hello and welcome, please note that you are participating on an old thread. I would suggest that you create an advert in the Peru Classifieds where you will find a section dedicated to Business partners : Click on Post your ad > Testimonies > Business Partners

All the best

Bhavna