Driving from Puebla to Acapulco

we live near Puebla and are considering driving to Acapulco in September to spend a few days there. Is it safe to drive there (during the day), and how is Acapulco? Thanks

bailletchris wrote:

we live near Puebla and are considering driving to Acapulco in September to spend a few days there. Is it safe to drive there (during the day), and how is Acapulco? Thanks

My landlady has an apartment there. They go there probably a couple of times a year. She said you have to be very careful, That she is always cautious about being boxed in on the hwy. She said she makes sure to not be on the road with perhaps one car in front of her. She wants lot's of cars , because one car could be a set up and another car can come in behind you and you are boxed in.

She knew I wasn't heading to Acapulco, but she saw my route was close enough to warn me. She says Acapulco is definitely dangerous, but she is native and knows what to look for. Usually it is okay she says.

If I were you I would head to the Yucatan instead, unless 'usually it is okay' is safe enough for you.

thank you

de nada,
:) it's my landlady with the knowledge.