Insulin

Hello, I am a Canadian living in TraVinh with Type 2 Diabetes.  I need to be able to purchase HUMULIN N, long-lasting Insulin.  I cannot find it in Tra Vinh, but I have a pharmacist who will order from HCMC if we can locate a source.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You, Gail

There is a pharmaceutical wholesaler that my wife uses on Hai Ba Trung Street in HCMC.  I am sorry I do not have the exact address but it is between the Tân Dinh Market and the big pink church.  I think the number will be in the 260's.  Unfortunately the Google street view in HCMC is based on individual photos and the available photo is not directly in front.  The address is on the sign but sadly I can't read it.  Hopefully your pharmacy may know of this place or be able to locate it.  I couldn't load the image but you might try these coordinates in Google Maps:  10.7890941,106.6903526  I know this is not much help but its the best I could do.

You are really way off the beaten path in Tra Vinh.  I have been in that general area as my wife is from Ben Tre.  Have your tried in Can Tho?  I would imagine that is the "big city" for people in Tra Vinh.

Thank you for the information, I will pass it on to my Pharmacist.  I have been in Tra Vinh on and off since 2008 teaching English at TVU and I like it very much.  I have now retired and have my own little house and still teach private students. I am from Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.

Thanks again for your help.
Gail (Riverlea)

Thank you for the information, I will pass it on to my Pharmacist.  I have been in Tra Vinh on and off since 2008 teaching English at TVU and I like it very much.  I have now retired and have my own little house and still teach private students. I am from Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.

Thanks again for your help.
Gail (Riverlea)

Good luck and hope your pharmacist can get the medication you are after.  :top:

By the way, I hope you are seeking long acting insulin for convenience and that you have access where you are to standard insulin to tide you over if need be.

Contact Sanofi Aventis in Saigon, they should be able to tell you where its stocked.

http://en.sanofi.com/company/where-we-a … e-are.aspx

Yes thanks.  I have ROVO-Rapid for daytimes and need the HUMULIN for overnight.  I can get the Novorapid here in Tra Vinh, but she says she cannot find the Humulin.  The  common name is insulin NPH so perhaps that is why she cannot find it.

colinoscapee wrote:

Contact Sanofi Aventis in Saigon, they should be able to tell you where its stocked

Aventis may have an NPH insulin poduct but I found that HUMULIN N is the brand name for Eli LIly.  http://pi.lilly.com/us/HUMULIN-N-IFU.pdf  From Wiki:  "Brand names include Humulin N, Novolin N, Novolin NPH, Gensulin N, SciLin N, Insulatard, and NPH Iletin II."  I suppose she could make a change to one of the other brands but if she can get it, it might be safer for now for Ms. Gail to stick with the brand that she knows.

Contact page for Eli Lily in HCMC,Vietnam is:  https://www.lilly.com.vn/en/contact-us.aspx

Thank you for the info.  Much appreciated.

Riverlea
Gail