Family Immigration applied in Phil.

Hi everyone,i submitted my application jan 2017. And they said that processing time is up to 3months and then change to 4months now. So when it was 3 months i contact the manila embassy hows my application since we didn't get any update.and they told me that it was forwarded to UDI norway.so we wait for another 1month and then called the UDI in norway and they says that they are just waiting for the paper from the politi.before they will give us the result.
Does anyone  experience like this.?
Thank you.

Hi in my experience i was submitted my app. October 31,2016  At Vfs global Cebu. April i got an email from Royal Embassy that they will forward my application to UDI. Then after that i got email from UDI that they recieved my application.  Then April 25,2017 my husband got and interviewed at politi.  Then after that April 28 the UDi sent an email that they recieved my app. Forwarded by politi. So May 2 i got an email again from UDI to inform that my residence permit is still waiting to be processed.. and today June 1 i got an email from UD stated that my residence permit is still waiting to be processed. It was 8 months of waiting. Till now no result yet.. hope i will get an answer soon.

KityyM123 wrote:

Hi in my experience i was submitted my app. October 31,2016  At Vfs global Cebu. April i got an email from Royal Embassy that they will forward my application to UDI. Then after that i got email from UDI that they recieved my application.  Then April 25,2017 my husband got and interviewed at politi.  Then after that April 28 the UDi sent an email that they recieved my app. Forwarded by politi. So May 2 i got an email again from UDI to inform that my residence permit is still waiting to be processed.. and today June 1 i got an email from UD stated that my residence permit is still waiting to be processed. It was 8 months of waiting. Till now no result yet.. hope i will get an answer soon.

I'm in 5 months waiting now.and my husband keep on calling the UDI for the result of my application. Hopefully soon they will give me the decision.
Lets hope we can get the answer 😊

Yeah hopefully we will get the anwers soon.. good luck to us.. the only we can do now is think positive and pray...😊God bless

Hi Everyone have any get approved the result here please  share. Mine im still waiting the result My Husband called UDI today stated that it takes 15 months to wait the results.. i dont know why need to wait 15 months to make a decision.

During my time it took 11 months before we got the results, I applied july 2014 and got the result june 2015. Handed my application here in Norway while I was on tourist visa.

Many factors affect the processing time specially now that many are starting to take vacations, so UDI will be slower with few workers. Also the nunber of applicants affects the process. Hopefully you receive your results soon.

Stephy25, Thank you..Hopefully i will get soon tthe result...BTW i called the Embassy i ask that if it's possible i could apply tourist.. while im waiting my residence permit. They said that i can apply and they advice to put my application note  that i have pending application for residence permit. Im worried maybe it might affect at my residence permit. Because my husband wanted i go to Norway while im waiting the result, he was really frustrated when he  called at UDI said  need to wait 15 months.

Hello Kitty.I guess we are sailing on the same boat.Application almost the same time,interview almost the same time,same number of months of waiting.Only difference is both me and my husband were interviewed and I submitted our DNA test considering kids are involved.

15months is much waiting but I pray and hope for even a sooner response.

Gweth017,   Yes  hopefully will get answers soon.. thanks.

Yes.Will keep you posted.

Hello Kabayan! I have a post just few minutes ago. I would appreciate your comments there. Btw, is it okay to apply for a student visa abroad? I am now in Thailand and I plan to apply for a student visa and hopefully i could bring my family  with me.

Me also i keep posted.. thanks

Hi Everyone, im so happy because i got the result of my residence permit today...😀😀😀

Mharja.. Thank you 😊

So happy for Kitty!!👏🏻👏🏻🥂I hope and pray I get my feedback soon.We almost applied at the same time.Wish you a good stay in Norway🙏

Gweth017, Thank you,  we pray that you will get your result soon too. God bless🙏🙏🙏

Thank you Kitty.God bless you too.Your good news has given us hope.Wish you well🙏

Got the permit today Kitty.8 months 12 days of waiting 👍👍🙏

That's good 😊 im here in Norway now.. im waiting for my residence card.

I join you soon.Wish you well🙏

Just sharing my experiences and hoping it will help manage expectations.

I too am a Filipino citizen but I submitted my application in Singapore since I was working there (I was not a permanent resident of Singapore but simply an employment pass holder). I submitted on May and received the approval on July, so that was about 2 months. My husband (then fiance) was not asked for an interview.

Reasons I think it took faster are
1) Singapore was processing far less applications than the Philippines, and
2) My husband lives in a VERY SMALL town in North Norway

So if you submitted in Cebu/Manila and your partner lives in high density cities like Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger I guess it is very normal for the application to take a lot longer.

But hang in there and best of luck to you! Hoping for you to get your results soon!  :top:

Hi kitty,
Base in my experience I applied for aa schengen visa first and i come in Norway when I arrived in Norway,I submitted my application here.The police officer said that my application usually takes 6 months for its result but I can stay here in Norway though my visa will expire after three months while waiting for the result,and then after two weeks I already received an email from UDI that my residence permit is already approved.

It would be better that you will apply first for a tourist visa and process an application here in Norway for family immigration,but yeah since you already have pending application you can try applying for a tourist visa.

Hiii is it ok to apply torist visa and process the family immigration there.

Although it is not generally promoted to do it that way, it is possible as long as you meet the criteria to be allowed to apply here and change visa. check here

There have been many applicants who did such and successfully received positive results.

The reason that this is not directly suggested is because by doing this you are intentionally defeating the purpose/meaning of the tourist visa.

Best of luck on your application. :)

for the ones that got the visa already, did any of you had to go to an interview, my boyfriend had the interview in the beginning of October and now I wonder how long it will take until they give us a final answer, we are applying to get married in Norway

Hi does anyone here experience to apply for tourist visa to visit spouse while waiting for family reunification.
Thank you.