Expat offer from KNPC/KOC in Al Ahmadi

Hi:
I would like to know whatt the situation is now in Al Ahmadi and nearby cities in Kuwait on the wake of the unrest in Middle East.
I have a good offer from KOC, and my visa paperowrk is in the process by the company.
Any information for living with family for American expat is welcome. When does the school admission in American School of Kuwait begin?
Thnaks,
JK

Hi
KOC is an excellent company - one of the best in Kuwait. My suggetsion - rest assured and take the offer. I do not believe that the current Bahrain unrest has a parallel in Kuwait - but one never knows these things. Al Humdullilah (by grace of God), Kuwait is one of the best countries to live and work in compared to entire Middle East (my personal opinion).

Kuwait is not a very large place so travelling distance to KOC from a far-away residential area like Salmiya is still 30 minutes or less (depends on how fast you can drive :-) ). Most people who work at KOC may prefer to stay at places like Fahaheel or Abu Halifa or so on (which are nearer).

Americans and many western people prefer to stay in Fintas or nearby areas which is also fairly close to Ahmadi. But I will let some American give you a better view of the preferred residential and school areas.

Best of Luck
Best regards
Gautam

HI,
I am Manu,Last ten years i am working in Kuwait.Kuwait is a very good place for staying and working,Especially KOC company is a very good company.You can earn money also.So many americans are also working in here.
Especially for american people they will get more respect here.So dont worry you can come and join this company.
Here middle east problems are never will affect here,so dont worry you can come over here and start making mone.
I am an indian If you dont mind whenever you want any help you can call me my mobile. my mobile no.97534960.
manu

with regards  to school its best to ask fellow american,i think its best to apply early. the school year starts in september but for the best school get filled up. their is a guy call legacy on this site  he give the best advice.

well thank you saint, thank you very much indeed :)

kuwait is not affected THAT much by the strikes in general, there are a couple of protesters here, but they are mainly near Sulaibiya where Agility is; Bedouns (no-nationality) protesting for their rights to get the kuwaiti nationality; so u will be unfazed by all this.

as for the schooling; i can get u in touch with a ton of teachers at american schools (i play rugby with them), i think applications are in session now, or starting march, the school year as saint said runs from september to may.

or, you could do something proactive;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_schools_in_Kuwait

or just google american schools in kuwait.

i went to school here; the best american schools would be Universal American School, American International School and American School Kuwait. those are the ones i would recommend, it has become a business venture for people to open schools now, with poor standards unfortunately. so stick with those 3.

Theres an all-girls school too.

Good info legacy :)

Thanks for all the info. It does give me additional confidence to prepare for the move. My family will move a little later due to other obligations to be completed in the US.
I would like to hear from any Americans living nearby. I will keep you posted as my departure date form Houston gets near.

jk