BahnCard

Is it beneficial to have BahnCard, let say BahnCard 25?
I think I will travel often beaten Bonn and Netherlands, and so far I find the ticket price is quite expensive even with local connections and/or NRW Single Ticket.

Any suggestion?

If you use it often enough then it's a good investment. I was considering getting one but when I added it up the average cost of journeys I would make frequently (shorter journeys than what you intend to do) the savings I would make with the Bahncard barley cover the cost of buying it.

Did you know that DB has 'Europa-Spezial' discounted tickets from Köln to Amsterdam from €19? You have to book in advance to get them at that price.

Karenp wrote:

Did you know that DB has 'Europa-Spezial' discounted tickets from Köln to Amsterdam from €19? You have to book in advance to get them at that price.

really? how advance shall we book it?

It depends when you want to travel, the cheapest tickets probably get sold very fast. Here's the link bahn.de/i/view/USA/en/prices/europe/europaspezial.shtml when I checked it there was tickets for tomorrow for under €40

i think when you have Bahncard 25 and you want to travel outside Germany (Netherlands for example)youll get at least 25% off ur ticket price. and when you have bahncard 50 youll avail 50% off ur ticket price, same goes to Bahncard 100..