What happens if I get caught by a speed camera in Germany?

Im from France and have been in Germany for a few weeks, exploring areas and visiting long time friends. Last week I was roadtripping from Hamburg to Bremen and I was caught speed driving on camera. What will happen next? Im pretty unfamiliar´with the system here.

Hello happygirl88,

Since your question deals with speed driving in Germany, I have moved your post on the Germany forum1f609.svg

I hope you find some advice soon.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@happygirl88 my opinoin is....waiting till you recieve any letter from department and let see what will they mention it.

In case you recieve a letter, you just need to pay for the charge of over speed driving.

All the best,

Sophal

@Yoginee thank you!

@romdoul  ive been told i should check out this website (https://www.punkte-flensburg.de/punktetabelle/) to kind of estimate what charge to expect but I hardly understand any of what's on there due to the language barriere

Any recommendations on websites for expats in germany for these specifically tricky situations?

@romdoul ive been told i should check out this website (https://www.punkte-flensburg.de/punktetabelle/) to kind of estimate what charge to expect but I hardly understand any of what's on there due to the language barriere
Any recommendations on websites for expats in germany for these specifically tricky situations?
-@happygirl88

I'm not in Germany, but Vietnam.

In any event, here you go.

Please let us know how you fare.

"Current table of fines: speeding in urban areas

Km/h driven too fast    Fine    Points    Driving ban    Is it worth appealing?

up to 10    30 €           

11 - 15    50 €           

16 - 20    70 €           

21 - 25    115 €    1        Check here **

26 - 30    180 €    1    (1 month)*    Check here **

31 - 40    260 €    2    1 month    Check here **

41 - 50    400 €    2    1 month    Check here **

51 - 60    560 €    2    2 months    Check here **

61 - 70    700 €    2    3 months    Check here **

over 70    800 €    2    3 months    Check here **

*Normally, a driving ban is only imposed if a speeding offence of 26 km/h or more has been committed twice within a year."

"Current table of fines: speeding outside urban areas

Km/h driven too fast    Fine    Points    Driving ban    Is it worth appealing?

up to 10    20 €           

11 - 15    40 €           

16 - 20    60 €           

21 - 25    100 €    1        Check here **

26 - 30    150 €    1    (1 month)*    Check here **

31 - 40    200 €    1    (1 month)*    Check here **

41 - 50    320 €    2    1 month    Check here **

51 - 60    480 €    2    1 month    Check here **

61 - 70    600 €    2    2 months    Check here **

over 70    700 €    2    3 months    Check here **

*Normally, a driving ban is only imposed if a speeding offence of 26 km/h or more has been committed twice within a year."

source: https://www.punkte-flensburg.de/geschwi … chreitung/

@Aidan in HCMC alright thank you!!  i'll check it out later more in detail, but as far as I can tell, I'm not in risk of a driving ban 1f60a.svg

@happygirl88 honestly, i don't know any other website beside this expat.com. But i am quite sure that will be someone out from here, who has other recommendatoin to help you.

Good luck!

Sophal