How many flats are not furnished in Malta?

Hello all,

Just wondering the percentage of flats that are unfurnished? ie 30 percent? or what percentage are part furnished?
Just wondering as we have all our own furniture so wonder what we could do if we found a place we liked but it was furnished? could we ask the landlord if he could remove the things?

Also how can we find a good landlord as I have heard its hard to find a good one.

Any advice appreciated.

Almost no unfurnished flats for rent.

We sold our furniture on ebay and just shipped out personal things, I don't know about Malta but on Gozo a lot of the properties now are well furnished.

Many landlords have storage space by way of garages but are not keen to put furnishings in there because of the damp. You could rent an apartment or house with a garage included but make sure it is dry and check stored items regularly.

The other way is to keep an eye out for a property which is just about to be finished and rented out, you may be able to catch the landlord before he has furnished it and I am sure they will be more than happy to rent empty. (But don't expect a big reduction in the proposed rent!)

Obviously tenants do have problem landlords but we have rented three different properties and been lucky every time. Two were through a well known agents and the landlords were also developers rather than someone with an odd spare property that they decided to let out. The third was through 'Facebay Gozo Properties to let'.  I think it is probably easier to find a good one in Gozo than Malta.

Ray

Remember too that if you do take on board the storage of the LLs furnishings you are still liable for them and even if stored in a garage - any damage incl damp etc even though you are not using it will be your liability....

Ive even had landlords tell me that if I want to use my own furniture then go ahead but that I  must store his stuff  safely and securely at my  own cost