Moving to KL in October (wife and 2 kids)

Hello all,

I work for an international NGO/Charity and head up the APAC region. I'm currently based out of Adelaide/Australia and travel about a 1/4 - 1/3 of the year.

My wife is due with our second in August and will be taking the year off, other child is 6.

So we are looking into giving KL a 6-12 month trial (from October), my employer is supportive but in no way forcing me to leave Adelaide. Its a strategic decision I feel is best for the organization.

I have been to KL 10+ times and spent much of my time around PJ, I have Malay friends and comfortable with the city and culture. But with 6 months to go, time I start planning things out. The big ticket items are accommodation, school and healthcare. The later two are free in Australia and likely what I'll be asking for from my employer. My current wage is good for Australia standards and AirBnbing our current house in Adelaide will get us around $1600 USD a month, which I figure is our accommodation budget in KL.

Accommodation : our family currently lives in the classic quarter ache block, modest 1920 house but huge yard, 10 minutes from the CBD. I know :-) good luck finding that in KL. Being close to KLCC means nothing to us (I'd see myself going into KLCC once a week), having space and being a short commute to the airport is more important. I'll still be traveling alot in the region, 2+ hour uber rides to the airport in peak hour ongoing will be a drain. Just can't picture our family in a condo/apartment.

Was in a place called templar rain forest a few weeks back, houses out there are amazing.

Any suggestions on suburbs/districts?

School : we don't want our Son being in some elitist environment, and I have a particular hatred for profit focused schools, To make things ever more tricky, this might only be for 6-12 months. Our Son is talented mathematically, but also needs space to run around in breaks.

Not sure where to start here, I figure get some sense on accommodation first and then see the options in the area?

Healthcare : any links you can share that outline the options, with a 6 year old and what will be a 2 month old baby, this is the bit that needs to be iron clad for me. Whats the Mercedes S class of health care worth for a expat family in KL?

Ampang ukay heights with bungalow area might suit you. It is like 15 mins drive to KLCC in normal traffic. A direct highway to airport in 40 mins drive. An international school and hospital around. PM me if you want to know more.