Job Switching with employment pass (category 2)

Hello ,

Am working in IT  field ..and my visa is under a company . its Employment Pass Category 2 visa .. I heard that if i need to  switch job from m company i have to wait 3 months before joining the other company as cold period .is that true?

yes, because office need to find  next staff to replace you. company is so confident on you that you won't leave but suddenly you are leaving so,  they need time and its rules. Your office also have to agree upon your quitting on black n white to submit at Immigration.

My suggestion, do no  switch the company.. Its all about trust, You yourself cannot apply EP, Office did lot of effort to get your EP. Money can b earn anytime but not the trustfulness.

Best of luck bro

Actually my contract is going to end after 1 month... If have a good opportunity what to do in that case.... and 1 thing more in my contract it is mentioned that i can quit job anytime but i have to complete notice period of 1 month and visa fee

Hi bro,

You try your luck, Because you do not have much time for processing. Do not do  any mistakes as  over stay. It will trouble your carrier. If you get next job opportunity then you should discuss with your new employer and if they are ready then you can proceed.

Note :

even  visa is expiring, You must inform you current employer about you are not going to continue 3 month early. Its normal rules. Your current employer will proceed your EP renew soon. 1 Month is not enough time for you and your new employer.

(Based on my/my colleague personal experience)

Best of Luck bro.