How to make friends in Bahrain

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Bahrain :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Bahrain??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Well I have been here just over 2 weeks and find Bahrain a very nice place.
My husband is already in work has been for 2 months and I will start in January after I get my visa/card so at the moment I am really bored and I am at a loss to know how to find freinds here as I dont have children yet so no meeting other mums at school and as above no job so no work friends!!!!
I guess its only 2 weeks but it would be nice to know how I can get into the community of expats????
2 years is a along contract without friends!!!!

Hi Sally

Have you tried The British Club, The Dilmun Club, Have a look in the Gulf Daily News they have lists of whats going on and lists of numbers of intrests/groups. How have you found it so far? my wife Eileen and I love it, like you we don't have kids

Steve

sally31uk wrote:

Well I have been here just over 2 weeks and find Bahrain a very nice place.
My husband is already in work has been for 2 months and I will start in January after I get my visa/card so at the moment I am really bored and I am at a loss to know how to find freinds here as I dont have children yet so no meeting other mums at school and as above no job so no work friends!!!!
I guess its only 2 weeks but it would be nice to know how I can get into the community of expats????
2 years is a along contract without friends!!!!

hi i'm a tunisian living in bahrain.nice to meet you.