Expat Bands

Gday all
I am looking at going to Kuwait in the near future to work ,I have a couple of questions for the forum.
I play in a rock band here in Brunei can i join up with like minded musicians there and play at private parties or social clubs,also can i bring my musical instruments and amplifiers etc into Kuwait.
Thanks for your time
Peter

Yes you can. Check this article for a lot of useful info:

http://248am.com/aminfari/music/listen- … in-kuwait/

If I am not mistaken there are some folks right here on the forum that are musicians.

Thanks for reply ,here we can play at parties and private clubs ,if you bring any musical instruments in are they are taxed whether used or new .

Tax for the musical instruments? I guess there are still new things to learn about this world, even at this ripe age of mine. :)

Hello,

Were you able to connect with any musicians. I play the rhythm, lead and bass.. let me know if you are free and want to meet/jam sometime. We can check out some gig options.

Best
Eric

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi! I'm an electric bassist from the USA looking to jam with other musicians too. I'm interested in many types of music, like jazz, rock, and funk, but I'm open to other stuff. I've been in Kuwait for almost 2 years, and I'm aware that Kuwait really lacks in their local music scene, but if you'd like to jam some time you can pm me.

Hey man,

I play electric rhythm guitar, anything from rock to punk to metal, and if you are still interested in a jam, please let me know

Anybody still up for a jam?

Hello Neil,

Welcome to expat.com!

Unfortunately, this thread has been inactive since 2021.

I suggest that you create an advert in the Kuwait classifieds section>  Activities>  Artists, musicians.

Interested members will contact you from there.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Yoginee I tried it doesn't work. Will try again another time. Thanks

@Neil Ferguson great effort; let me give you some background on music in kuwait. for some reason, it is underground, live music is not really mainstream, you can find a restaurant opening having a musical band, or a sax player, but its not like you can go to a restaurant with live music.

that being said, a friend of mine's dad used to be in a band, and they would regularly play at events, and jam in his basement. Music ran in that family. it is possible to find such threads of music.

I would take my search to Google, start with open mics, poetry readings etc.

When I was in Kuwait I fancied myself a standup comedian, and I was fortunate enough to find a mentor, and did a few spots here and there.

Ask and ye shall find.

@legacy  Hi,

We have been at it here for around 3 years and had a couple of open mike type gigs and party gigs but this message is just to see if there are any peeps into a jam not so much for gigs more for fun.

Thanks for the reply though,  my son in law is a comedian in Scotland and my 15 year old daughter aspires to be one too.

Regards

Neil

@Neil Ferguson I play drums mate. Let me know when and where