Kayaking, fishing and paddle boarding

Hi, I'm new. Was here 10yrs ago. I have seen video of people kayaking and fishing and I'm told there is an inlet type area south of Fahaheel that people kayak and SUP.
Does anyone know where this place is or some other place to put in a kayak? I'm also looking for a place to store my kayak.
Anyone fish?

Most probably the videos you've seen are taken in Khairan (south of Fahaheel). It's an area full of chalets and many people go there for swimming and other water activities.

As to where to store a kayak I have no idea tbh.

Many people go fishing and if I'm not mistaken some have groups for fishing in Kuwait. I'll update here if I come across one of them.

A couple of us used to go fishing few years ago. You can rent a fishing boat in fishing harbor near Souq Sharq, price was between 40-50 KWD but it can fit up to 8 people. One day the sea was so rough that I believed we would cancel it, but the Egyptian captain was so eager to make his money they we sailed out. There was a lot of throwing up overboard but we did return with some decent catch.

No one wanted to go again ever since, go figure...

Thank you for the information

:lol:

Hi I brought over three advanced elements inflatable kayaks. 4 m models. They take about 10 min to set up and roll up to the size of a suitcase. I know of other inflatable paddleboards that have much the same idea. I've paddled down around khiran resort but also up around fintas where I live. I will be arranging regular paddle trips once temperatures drop off a bit come and of September. Tom.

Hey Tom! I'd be definitely interested to join and try it out. I am also close to Fintas and went to Khiran yesterday. Pleased to report that at the moment pollution is gone. It was really bad last year after that oil spill. :(

I was recently paddle boarding in the UK and would be very keen to give it a try out here in Kuwait. I'm hoping to be close to the fintas area also. I'd be interested to see how you guys get on.
Thanks
J

I gave up after discovering the ridiculous prices the paddle boards go for. I guess I will wait for the fad to pass, hopefully they will go down then. :)

Hi, I am doing kayak and I have my intex also for fishing. I am regularly go to near khairan resorts , it's very clear water and clean. Every Saturday morning I go there and some times Friday also. If you like to join you are welcome .