About how to get married to a foreigner - Pakistani ?

Hello everyone , my name is Marya from indonesia. I just join here bcause I want to know about how to married with foreign?
Bcoz my bf is from pakistan. We have planning to do marriage but we both confused what to do.

Anyone can help me plz
Bcause I really need that
Thanks
Best regards  ;)

Hi marya,
What are you confused about? Where is he in pakistan? What does he do as work wise? If you prefer to answer these on private then msg me. I will see what help i can offer inshaAllah

Any way first thanks to reply my question :-)
he is in Dubai now, bcoz he working there. he working as auditor at a company. Am confused what I do to help him to come Indonesia.

Ok well you need to check the law for a pakistani citizen obtaining visa from indonesia? Check immigration websites and follow the instructions there.

hmm okey, I will try this.. But how much I pay for this law?

You dont pay nothing to check the information online. For visa i dont know best to check with immigration department. Good luck.

Jazakallah for your help :-)
I hope you are always ready when I need your help again hehe :-)

No problem sister anytime inshaAllah

A Pakistani citizen can have problems with Tourist visas but marriage changes the game a lot.
All Indonesians have the right to marry anyone from any country and all have the right to bring that person to Indonesia to live.
The immigration document required after marriage is a KITAS, a 12 month limited stay permit - but be warned it doesn't allow work of any sort.
Immigration will very likely do home visits and check up you're actually a married couple but that isn't an issue for anyone really married.
After two years, you can sponsor him for a 5 year KITAP, that allowing limited legal work.

Salam

Me and my Indonesian girl friend decided to marry but the law of Indonesia clearly mentioned that that Pakistani should withdraw his nationality and can apply for Indonesian nationality but if we get marry in Pakistan do it in proper way follow the rules then what Pakistani law do is law allows Indonesian girl to keep the dual citizen ship and live here in Pakistan because Indonesian will cancell passport but I want that both of us should stay way from any cancellation please guide in that 

Salam
Me and my Indonesian girl friend decided to marry but the law of Indonesia clearly mentioned that that Pakistani should withdraw his nationality and can apply for Indonesian nationality but if we get marry in Pakistan do it in proper way follow the rules then what Pakistani law do is law allows Indonesian girl to keep the dual citizen ship and live here in Pakistan because Indonesian will cancell passport but I want that both of us should stay way from any cancellation please guide in that 

-@muhammad zain10

If married in Indonesia, or even to an Indonesian.

There is no need to apply for Indonesian citizenship, but you can after 5 to 10 years if you live in Indonesia.

If she takes up Pakistani citizenship, she loses her Indonesian citizenship

She might well be able to live in Pakistan as your wife without changing citizenship - That's a question for the Pakistan forum

@muhammad zain10 the other way is to marry her islamically and she can retain her passport but according to indonesian law this is something that is not recognized. even thoUgh it is practiced by many

@muhammad zain10 the other way is to marry her islamically and she can retain her passport but according to indonesian law this is something that is not recognized. even thoUgh it is practiced by many        -@kamranmirzam

Waste of time as far as immigration is concerned .. and every other government department in Indonesia.

If a marriage isn't registered as a legal entity, no government department here will entertain it.

If they do live here, the husband can't get onto the family card and there is no marriage paperwork, so at least some schools will treat them as bastards and not accept them.

Citizenship is an issue for immigration - It's nothing to do with the marriage

I am Spanish and my wife Singaporean we were thinking maybe to go and live in Malaysia or Indonesia however the laws out there are quite complicated when it comes to getting residence by investment, we are now looking at Turkey, will see how it goes once we have clear picture there.

@Fred his question was how to marry her without losing her identity. So the simple answer is getting married islamically. they will get a certificate saying that they are married which may not be accepted in malaysia but us un many ither muslim countries. I know people that have done this who have no intention of living in indonesia

@Fred his question was how to marry her without losing her identity. So the simple answer is getting married islamically. they will get a certificate saying that they are married which may not be accepted in malaysia but us un many ither muslim countries. I know people that have done this who have no intention of living in indonesia

-@kamranmirzam

Get married properly.

Nothing.

Marrying a foreigner will not change her nationality unless she takes up Pakistani citizenship. In that case, the marriage is a moot point as it makes no difference.

Some of the information in this thread is wrong.

The only difference with a non-legal marriage is she has absolutely no legal rights in Indonesia as far as bringing her husband here goes - maybe in Pakistan as well if they don't recognise it as a legal marrage.

There are plenty of likely legal pitfalls that make an Islamic only marriage an especially bad idea.