New members of the Cambodia forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Good luck

Here's to your and your company's success .  . .  :top::top::top:

Hi guys, I'm Charlie from Ghana but currently teaching in Ho Chi Minh City. I'm moving to PP next month and hope to meet real, genuine and intellectual expats to be friends with

Don't hate just relate, appreciate or emulate if possible😀

See ya!👍🏾

Hi Dear,

Great to know you are scheduled to come to PNH. Since your daughter is also coming with you and probably staying back, I would appreciate if we could catch up when you are here.
I am already in Cambodia for more than 6 months now.

Regards,

Sarjit

Hi All,

I arrived in Cambodia some 6 months ago on work here. I have had a lot of experience in the plantations industry.
Anyway would like to build a relationship with a lady who is social and friendly. Am alone here, hence lonely.

Regards,

Sarjit Singh

Hi! Welcome to Cambodia. Currently, I'm working at International School. I'm interested in your business here.  Science Lab for school as well?

hi, a newbie to expat.com but not Cambodia, here for 2 years already, working as a chiropractor and craniosacral practitioner... previously at the ICC on 240... ***

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi I am james from The Netherlands. I am thinking of setting up a business in Seam Reap.
I have a business here in the Netherlands which is not doing well anymore and I am pretty sick of all regulations.
I have been in Cambodia last year and I liked it very much.

I will start a topic something that is on my mind. Hope to get some answers.

Hi Folks, I am Avdey - Ukrainian, just arriving to Siem Reap after 1,5 year work in Philippines. Lot of things to discover and to arrange, so all help and advise is very welcome. Hakoon charan

hey y'all I just got to Siem Reap this week. settled in a nice little apartment now I'm looking for a job. preferably bartending or anything that allows me to hustle this sweet smile for some tips 😂 I'm American but I speak French too. If anyone has any leads kindly slide in my DMs!

Hey James I want to start a business here too. Im not sure how quickly you're looking to start but I was planning on living here at least a year first. I want to start a travel agency or a recording studio. I'm not sure how good the travel agencies are here but my experiences in Bangkok have shown me there's a real need for something better at least in Thailand. Just some ideas. What about you? What are you thinking of doing here?

Hi Asley,
I have a concrete plan, calculated and all. Now I am gathering info. I think it is realistic in a branch I have a lot of experience. It is not opening a bar, hostel or restaurant, but tourist orientated.
I was planning first to set up the business without moving to Cambodia, but visit a couple of times per year. I live in Belgium. My plan could work also working from here. But in that case I need a reliable english speaking person on the ground there. I had met a nice French guy in Siem Reap last year but lost his details and cound't find him anymore.
Now my business here in Belgium is not going that well and I am sick and tired of some circumstances here and it is an option to move to Siem Reap definitely.
If you are interested in setting up a business there, but don't have a plan. Contact me by PM

Hi James and Ashley,

Not trying to "swoop in," but if you need additional staff to help with anything once you get the business going, I am moving to Siem Reap in January. I'd absolutely love to work in tourism but obtained my TEFL as a backup plan in case that doesn't pan out. Let me know if you have any questions or if I could be of assistance. If not, best of luck with your business!

Holly

Hi James1963, I was recently laid off and am looking for a new direction. I have always wanted to live and work in Asia. I am 50 years old living in Canada. I have been to Cambodia a few times and know how to speak a little Cambodian due to the fact that I had a Khmer girlfriend here in Canada for 7 years. I am planning a trip to Cambodia soon, and if I could find an opportunity that would be even better. Let me know if you would like to discuss. I am an oil and gas accountant by trade.

I have also been to Belgium and love the Belgian beer. I don't like what's happening in Europe re: the migrant situation.

Tom

Hohoho, I probable will have lots and lots of candidates. Let me first work out some things, get the situation clear for me about my own future and than I will look for possible partners if needed. I will post when I am ready for the next move!

Hello Siem Reap forum,

I'm new to the Cambodia forum and just posted a question about jobs in the Siem Reap forum. If you have any ideas, please let me know!

Hello. I'm relatively new to PP. I arrived for work a little over two months ago. I've lived abroad before, in Europe but first time living long term in SE Asia. I thought it would be nice to connect with some people and learn about events.

Hello seolson, welcome on board.

If you have any questions, doubts, good ideas, searches, put it in this forum, most likely you will find answers.

Cheers

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Hi all!

Newbie here :)

My name is Jason, I am 25 years old from Ireland will be going to Cambodia PP in march for long term 1/2 years.

Will be looking for work and  accommodation,
Looking forward to spending time in lovely Cambodia :)

Have a nice day all :)

Hello everyone 🙂

I'm Chaeyoung from South Korea Im planning to go to Cambodia in March. :)

Here to find nice place to stay and seek jobs

Thanks 🙂 cheers

😄😄😇

MurphyIrish wrote:

Hi all!

Newbie here :)

My name is Jason, I am 25 years old from Ireland will be going to Cambodia PP in march for long term 1/2 years.

Will be looking for work and  accommodation,
Looking forward to spending time in lovely Cambodia :)

Have a nice day all :)

Welcome on board Jason. Hope you have a wonderful stay here.

Cheers.
Joe

Chaeyoung wrote:

Hello everyone 🙂

I'm Chaeyoung from South Korea Im planning to go to Cambodia in March. :)

Here to find nice place to stay and seek jobs

Thanks 🙂 cheers

Welcome on board Chaeyoung, hope you have a nice stay here.

Joe

Hi All, new to this site. Been here for just over 4 months now and I believe that I am only just starting to understand how things work here! Had what I now know to have been terrible advice when I first arrived and opened a business straight away, and closed it almost as quickly! Been very interesting to read peoples opinions on the site and I agree with the many of you who say "take time to learn the country". Shame I didn't read that earlier! Look forward to talking with everyone!

Hello c1po.

Welcome on board.

You had your first lesson of what not to do instantly. You are much wiser now, so it's positive in the end.

Go through the posts that interest you, if any questions put them here, we are here to help each other.

Cheers

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

What do you think it was your biggest mistake? Why did you fail  the first time with business?

Thank you Joe, and yes lesson learned!  :)

:thanks:

Hi, I think without doubt the biggest mistake was not taking the time to learn country and the culture. Have discovered things work very different here.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am officially in PP for almost a week. Things are looking good as I have a nice apartment and working in getting it equipped. Morestpy recovering from the trip. This is the first time I flew Singapore Airlines and had such a hassle ilat LAX with them trying to say I needed a visa in advance to go to Cambodia. Took the whole two hour lay over to get them to let me board.
Anyways relaxing now and thinking about What I want to do. Also looking for a bicycle on the cheapside.

Welcome on board warpoet, hope you have a good time.

Cheers

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Definitely, been working towards this for a while.

I'm Henry from indonesia.
will be here for few months!

hi  i live montreal canada,, i have traveled to cambodia in 2010  , but now i wish to look and find my self living there in the next year,, i am retired now,, i am a welder fitter,, i plan on going to siem reap in december to look and find  ,,  just looking for a decent apartement  for now

Welcome Henery and Yves. Check the apartment listings here and also Khmer24.com list many apartments  lolsted in all price ranges.

Please take a look at our listings at Ocean Delight in the housing section, we are more than happy to assist you in finding somewhere to live

Welcome on board Henryeff and Yves.

Hope you have  a wonderful time here.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

I am a Filipina working as an international volunteer and will soon look for social development opportunities after my volunteer placement. I have more than 15 years experience in the Philippines. Please let me know of any leads.

Shiela R Castillo wrote:

I am a Filipina working as an international volunteer and will soon look for social development opportunities after my volunteer placement. I have more than 15 years experience in the Philippines. Please let me know of any leads.

Welcome on board Shiela, hope you have a good time.

Joe
Cambodia expat=advisor
Expat.com team

Closed